"A Config Option" for removing Cities from planets.

Reaction score
    I might be lucky or just lucky. If you watched my 3 part series Tut you might of noticed the massive planets with the city on it. I would bet anything that's 20+ Million worth of blocks there. Some would say not bad or it's not a lot with the new shop system. But for me I find it pretty OP for something with 0 risks and almost always something you can find easy early game.

So my question is how do I remove them from a fresh server? Meaning they never generate on planets ever again?

Just to be clear I would like a Config option for this. Everyone has their own tastes and opinions and I respect that.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I don't think there is an option for that. However IMO it is not that much of a problem, as they are quite rare and there are less planets/system in the new universe, you have to be quite lucky to find one.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    You gotta think ahead. When NPC's are introduced, whos to say they wont attack you for destroying their base?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    we need to wait for the expand of AI creatures,
    according to the big plan as i heard and remember
    the goal is to have livable planet in the universe,
    there will be NPCs, creatures, cities, livable environment
    Also protective facilities for their cities, ie, different kinds of antiaircraft turrets

So, it will just like a pirate base on a planet but they are neutral, not pirate(or maybe other factions)

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I might be lucky or just lucky. If you watched my 3 part series Tut you might of noticed the massive planets with the city on it. I would bet anything that's 20+ Million worth of blocks there. Some would say not bad or it's not a lot with the new shop system. But for me I find it pretty OP for something with 0 risks and almost always something you can find easy early game.

So my question is how do I remove them from a fresh server? Meaning they never generate on planets ever again?
    Nuke it from orbit.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Structures are rare enough that we get a thread in the forums every month or so asking "when did you add these?!" :D

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor

i don't think they should be removed, however I think the planets with cities should belong to factions e.g. trading guild. They should be unsalvagable but destructable, and the only way to obtain the items is to destroy the planet core and salvage the planet segments

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Structures are rare enough that we get a thread in the forums every month or so asking "when did you add these?!" :D
    I know, I made one of them a long time ago :'(

Reactions: kupu

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I have yet to see a single city.

Though I did find a player base inside a pyramid once

Reaction score
    I know you guys say its rare but its not rare... On my First Test Server we created in the same system 2 of the only green planets had both a settlement on it...

The first Single Player experience I just created to do a small tut had this on its first planet.

So either someone has messed with the numbers of late or I better buy a few tickets...

WTF LOL

Third City?

You gotta think ahead. When NPC's are introduced, whos to say they wont attack you for destroying their base?
    It will not work like that I'm 100% sure. I'm pretty sure that will require a Planet Reset / Regen.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would bet anything that's 20+ Million worth of blocks there.
    Cities are made of standard armor, glass, plex lights, and ice crystals. Some of these blocks are now worth substantially less than in earlier builds. Shops are also more rare. You might want to actually salvage a city, find shops, and sell the blocks to confirm your assumption before deciding to remove the cities.

The real value is in the loot chest. At some point when game content is further fleshed out it could well make sense to tone down the loot contained in these chests, pirate station chests, and drops from pirate kills. Currently it can [still] be a nice boost in early life. Note that it costs about 20 million to refurbish one decaying abandoned station...

Reactions: Ithirahad

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    The hull is basically worthless in terms of cash, but you can use it as a building material (I personally prefer using rocks as construction material, though).

Your best bet is to find these lines in server.cfg

AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items spawned after AI destruction. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items spawned in chests of generated chests. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none

Change those 0.9s to something like 0.1 or so. The chests might have something good in them, but suddenly you'll have in the ballpark of 1/89th of the stuff (which is important - I've managed to make a good hundred mil credits off of a single chest in a single pirate station at default values).

Reaction score
    Cities are made of standard armor, glass, plex lights, and ice crystals. Some of these blocks are now worth substantially less than in earlier builds. Shops are also more rare. You might want to actually salvage a city, find shops, and sell the blocks to confirm your assumption before deciding to remove the cities.

The real value is in the loot chest. At some point when game content is further fleshed out it could well make sense to tone down the loot contained in these chests, pirate station chests, and drops from pirate kills. Currently it can [still] be a nice boost in early life. Note that it costs about 20 million to refurbish one decaying abandoned station...
    We actually have a test server up for days. Everyones main source of income has just been that of the Standard Armor Blocks. They sell from 75-200 Credits each depending the supply and demand at the shops.

Shops being rare is true. Not trying be jerk there just saying not being lazy and eager to explore we actually finding a ton of stations overtime through exploration and marking them down. We are new and refresh blood and this is coming from us. Multiple people have brought it to our attention that its really just easy finding this and now that is the primary goal of bring in Money.

Then with the Jump Drives we are able to jump all over the universe and sell to these vendors :P

We also don't use cash for Blueprints.[DOUBLEPOST=1415729087,1415728965][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The hull is basically worthless in terms of cash, but you can use it as a building material (I personally prefer using rocks as construction material, though).

Your best bet is to find these lines in server.cfg

AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items spawned after AI destruction. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.9 //multiply amount of items spawned in chests of generated chests. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none

Change those 0.9s to something like 0.1 or so. The chests might have something good in them, but suddenly you'll have in the ballpark of 1/89th of the stuff (which is important - I've managed to make a good hundred mil credits off of a single chest in a single pirate station at default values).
    Thanks for the Loot option. Is there anything important to the loot besides its value? As you know we don't plan on enabling credit Blueprints so I assume besides station buying and making stations and buying few items here and there that pirate loot is not massively important to us?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I know you guys say its rare but its not rare... On my First Test Server we created in the same system 2 of the only green planets had both a settlement on it...

The first Single Player experience I just created to do a small tut had this on its first planet.

So either someone has messed with the numbers of late or I better buy a few tickets...

WTF LOL

Third City?

It will not work like that I'm 100% sure. I'm pretty sure that will require a Planet Reset / Regen.
    The entire game is in alpha. How can you NOT expect to do a universe reset between now and release. And occasionally you will see planets covered in cities. That is because they used to spawn on a disk and now they spawn at 12x the rate because of the new planet shape. That being said, how about we just do what the abandoned stations do and force it to collect as scrap? Problem solved. Or we could get attacked and pay the consequences for attacking what is owned NPC faction territory. Again. Problem solved.

Reaction score
    The entire game is in alpha. How can you NOT expect to do a universe reset between now and release. And occasionally you will see planets covered in cities. That is because they used to spawn on a disk and now they spawn at 12x the rate because of the new planet shape. That being said, how about we just do what the abandoned stations do and force it to collect as scrap? Problem solved. Or we could get attacked and pay the consequences for attacking what is owned NPC faction territory. Again. Problem solved.
    Did you just quote my message where at the bottom I actually quoted someone saying there be a reset and even more so once they brought in NPC's they prob have to reset to generate them correctly :P Booooo! :)

Kojinus

Feline Overlord
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well it sounds like you just got crazy lucky in finding that planet. :P I have yet to find one myself.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've noticed that cities and pyramids are more common the larger your planets are. I have my planet size cranked up really far and I see these all of the time. I have a planet near my home system that has three cities on it. I had three pyramids spawn in the same place once (on the same plate...it was weird). Almost all of the chests that I have found lately are empty though. Once in a while I find a chest with stuff in it, but many of them are empty. Maybe they should just mark the cities as decayed like they did with the stations. I say just fill them with those quad-spider things.