A compilation of universe suggestions

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Bump of Bumpiness :P

Come on, where's all the universe suggestions and discussion?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think one of the basic lynchpins to a more interesting universe is adding a mechanic to handle spawns better, to increase chances of certain spawns in certain areas and to regulate how many ships spawn and how much mass they have, from an array of widely different ship blueprints. I've detailed my idea for it in the dynamic galaxies thread http://starmadedock.net/threads/dynamic-galaxies-universe.6784/page-2#post-99243

Fancy factions and uneven ore distribution are awesome and all, but if they try and function under the current system then they both will likely fail, because there's no way to add risk into the rewarding areas or tough ships into any of the factions without making them curbstomp people everywhere else. So, start with spawning mechanism (I suppose *planning* what the rest of the universe overhaul has in it helps figuring the exact spawning mechanism, but anyway) and then start chipping at the content side.

Simply having areas of varying richness and hostility would go a long way into giving this game some progression, of course it's not a very long journey... but something for the week or two, and most dangerous areas could be points of contestion. Of course, with heavier pirates in default game, pirate station reinforcement derpyness ought to go to avoid salvage grinding with a disarmed station... one wave or so.

Reactions: Ithirahad