A Bomber Weapon That Pierces Shields

Out of curiosity, how many people currently fly fighters as their favored ship type?

• I fly fighters as a favored ship type.

Votes: 8 28.6%
    • I do not fly fighters as a favored ship type.

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thought we still need some gear for smaller craft to make them a bit dangerous if ignored.
    are you telling me a swarm of craft that equal the block count of the larger ship arent dangerous if ignored? hell theyre dangerous even if not ignored
    it all relies on the competence of all pilots involved

Reaction score
    I've tested extensively and it's already possible for a mid-sized fighter ship (200-500ish range) to do that what you're suggesting. It's called an Ion Pulse Missile!

(good luck hitting anything with it)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I've tested extensively and it's already possible for a mid-sized fighter ship (200-500ish range) to do that what you're suggesting. It's called an Ion Pulse Missile!

(good luck hitting anything with it)
    lol Ion Pulse Missiles + some damaging effect version of them on fully auto fire by use of logic = a very deadly weapon combo but how do you get the power to supply that?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    lol Ion Pulse Missiles + some damaging effect version of them on fully auto fire by use of logic = a very deadly weapon combo but how do you get the power to supply that?
    Mandalorian Secrets....
    if i tell you ill have to kill you

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    As said somewhere else, the only shield ignoring weapon I would accept, is one that hits the Structure HP directly without destroying blocks. (As long as the shields are up)

Maybe it should hit the armor HP first for balancing reasons.

Weapons that ignore shields and destroy blocks directly have simply to much griefing potential.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well, you build your power grid first, then you make one unit of Ion Torpedo that close enough to your result power capacity. Then you make several groups of these, 10% more power per shot for each additional launcher. And then you fire them in succession.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, you build your power grid first, then you make one unit of Ion Torpedo that close enough to your result power capacity. Then you make several groups of these, 10% more power per shot for each additional launcher. And then you fire them in succession.
    not what i do

Ckeeze

innovator
    Reaction score
    I've yet to see any viable argument for why smaller ships are supposed to have any special stuff against large ships. Starmade does not have any specific boundaries between small ships and big ships; That boundary exist only in imagination of people. Both small and big ships has their respective drawbacks, thus I don't understand whats the point there is to create any straight bias towards smallers ships when there's freeform weapon customization for any purpoces and situations to work with.
    Small ships just can't do anything against Titans. even in numbers they just can't get trough their stupidly OP shields. The only drawbacks the large ships have is manuverability and cost. Cost does not matters in a larger faction, and manuverability isn't that necesary when you can have gigantic turrets covering you from all sides. The only reason a group of smaller ships can win over one titan is becouse the small ships aren't that small either...

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Small ships just can't do anything against Titans. even in numbers they just can't get trough their stupidly OP shields.
    Objectively and demonstrably false. All you need to do is look at how the power curve works to see this isn't true.

The only reason a group of smaller ships can win over one titan is becouse the small ships aren't that small either...
    How small is small? If you're trying to build a 1:1 scale X-wing, it just isn't going to work. I consider Homeworld to be a pretty good scale to work off of, at least up to frigates, and fighters in that can be upwards of 30 meters. Ships at that size still handle well, but you have enough room for some actual systems.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Small ships just can't do anything against Titans. even in numbers they just can't get trough their stupidly OP shields. The only drawbacks the large ships have is manuverability and cost. Cost does not matters in a larger faction, and manuverability isn't that necesary when you can have gigantic turrets covering you from all sides. The only reason a group of smaller ships can win over one titan is becouse the small ships aren't that small either...
    What do you think is a "small" ship? A 3.5k mass can easily put out 100-200 thousand DPS, twice that if you give them ion.

Reaction score
    I agree that super small ships need some more fire power. the armor to systems ratio is usually skewed heavily towards armor and it makes these types of ships tanky when that makes no sense. Granted I would never try to take on a large ship with a 100 mass fighter. I just think its silly that really small ships are kinda useless against anything.

Reaction score
    i watched 3x 300 mass ships take out a fairly tanky 15k mass ship. and ive killed 50k-100k mass ships with 10-20x 100 mass ships. and no, theyre not fancy or hard to make.