4 Easy Changes to improve game balance greatly IMO

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi all,

I post few sugesstions, probably easy to add which can improve game balance (sorry for my english btw - hope u understand ):

1. Big Ships Turn Rate - bigger ships turn slow. Big ships can be fast, but should turn really slow.

2. Big Anitmatter cannons / Rocket arrays should have slower reload rate - then we would have fast shooting small cannons (fit for fighters) and slow shooting big cannons. With this addon, small turrets against fast moving targets are usable.

3. Building block works only on faction acclaimed terrain - npc stations should have their own npc block

4. Salvaging only possible with tools (add for example gatherer gun) and arrays. Remove RMB function of removing blocks from standard mode (not from build mode).

Reaction score
    1 big ships already turn slowly

2 Large amounts of antimatter cannons require an extreme amount of power to fir constantly. Agreed on rockets though.

3 This could cause problems, but ok

4 DO NOT AGREE. People in Starmade use a lot more blocks than they do in minecraft. Projects are bigger and require more stuff.

Reaction score
    You know what I just realised what I said was put rudly, apologies. But The game does have some balance problems

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I dont agree with point 4, nor with the disagreeance (lol word?) of the second poster. Both are wronnngggggggggg

Someone delete this thread

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ad 1 - Are you sure? I have like 8k-20k block ships and with like 600-800 in engines and they turn in rate like 10 times smaller ones or maybe 10000 block ship isnt still big one ??? :D

Ad 4 - I agree with you as i looked at my post again :D The thing i didnt previously enter in my post was that it should be only disabled in standard mode, not in build mode. To aqquire blocks people should claim planet as a faction and then harvest with build block or salvage with miner ships with salvage arrays. Eventually at the beginning you should have some basic salvager as tool for small scale salvaging.
    As i understand salvaging/mining should be the way for new players earning money - right now i can earn as a new player like 10 Mln in less than 10 minutes if i manage to find station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    No worries - yes it has but as someone earlier said: balance is not a problem. I think when Schema removes major stability bugs, basic balancing is 1-2 weeks of work and game will be almost perfect :)