3D model Exportation catalog

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    now that we have the ability to actually export our ships as 3D models. there are a lot of potential for vast improvements of building ships.

I was thinking maybe we need a place to catalog these exported models. because the game now supports this feature. we could be doing g some really interesting projects in the future. and maybe a place or website where we can trade these would be really useful. If i could give my ship export model to someone that knows how to edit and reformat the model into the games sm.edit file, and take that model and edit it in their program of choice, then give it back to me as a blueprint file I could make ships from. lately we have seen a lot of this already going on. star trek ships in 1 to 1 scale are dominating the starmade dock as a result of this feature. but if we had a place to do this file trading maybe we could see it happen for things other than some franchise recreations of ships.

just thought id share my thoughts on this for those that mite want to consider the idea.