[3D Animation ] request for space station/ ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Salutation !

My name is Alcaste, and for my summer holiday i'm planning to create a scy-fie series .

But as you can guess, it's pretty long to do, there is a lot of worck and i'm all alone to do that.

That's why, i'll use starmade as "modeller" (and because i realy like this game ^^)

But even if the advanced building tools are really efficient. i will not have the time to build all the decor.

So, i'm asking you, humbly, to allow me to use your ship or station in my video. Of course, you will be in the credit, but i can't promess a lot to the contributors for now . i'll don't have a lot of time because of the project.

I need for the moment ship and station for three faction with different styles :

- a very technologically advanced faction : ship with a lot of rail system and a smooth design

- a faction with a demonic design very inspired by gothic cathedrals

-a faction without distinction of design .

I just need to have the empty shell of the blueprint, if there is an interior, that's better, but that's not necessary.

If you have good contribution to give, i could give you some services in return . i can do modeling and animation 3D . I'm too a famous optimizer in the french comunity, known to be unbeatable in fair-fight. So i can modifie your ship to make him far more powerfull.

It's really if you want because, as i said, i don't have a lot of time ^^

Sory if i make some grammar mistacke, i'm not anglophone, i tried my best:confused:.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    In my signature is my shipyard thread link.

You can go ahead and browse my catalog and inform me of anything you like. ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Of course, i'll start, by doing the generic of introduction , and then, directly the first episode.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You're welcome to use any of my ships, if you wish to have one that have not been uploaded then just ask.
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-good-the-bad-and-the-horrible.1791/

Only ship I currently have with rails is a "prototype" of the HODT with spinny things, might fit into the advanced faction.
    My pirates are not that gothic but they might fit in with the "evil" faction

Good luck with it, I can't wait to see the result.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    well yes, a big thancks ! The design fits with the technologically advanced faction. The rails system are for extra, but not necessary too ^^

And the pirates fits for the faction gothic, (and for pirates too ^^)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well I didn't rest myself these last days !

I have almost done the intro of the serie after try a lot of stuff to delete them . So i already made a preview in low definition of what i've done this far :

There is a lot of other preview, if you're interested, in the youtube channel of the video.

I know there is 3 problem : the first text appear too soon, the second isn't easy to read, the third have a little glitch before appearing. If you notice any other thing that bother you, say it so i can fix it.

Oh, and yes, the preview is in french, and my serie will be to, you don't want me and my frends to do the voices in english ^^ But the true video will be subtitleds in english

Finally , if you want to know what's the quality of a true render , it's this :

Oh and the ship is the perceval by the "creepers rouges "

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would recommend keeping the camera moving at all times, even if just a tiny bit, unless you are looking through the point-of-view of something static like an established security camera. (Typically, even those are seen sweeping side-to-side.)

When the view snapped back to the rising beam coming from the ground, I felt myself starting to feel anxious about the shot. Maybe have a slow "truck" to one side, as the camera remains focused on the beam. It can be a very slow, barely-perceivable movement.

Another alternate idea: when the camera is tracking the spaceship, maybe switch focus to the ground just as the ship passes over where the beam starts to rise, and have the camera slide to one side, toward where the spaceship is flying, keeping the spaceship in frame as it flies toward the edge. That way, it would look less like the camera "forgot to look at something."