3 types of shield rechargers

Reaction score
    actually there is a single type of shield recharger with 5shield/second per block and 5-10% efficiency in fight (90-80% = 5%, 80-70% = 6%...).

new shield rechargers:

Combat recharger: 2shield/sec, 100% efficiency in fight

out of fight recharger: 15shield/sec, 0% efficiency in fight

you can mix the rechargers on youre ship.

if you have 100 of every shield recharger on youre ship you get:

100 x 2shield/sec = 200 shield/sec at 100% efficiency in fight
    +
    100 x 5 shield/sec = 500 shield/sec at 5-10% efficiency in fight
    +
    100x 15 shield/sec = 1500 shield/sec at 0% efficiency in fight

Reaction score
    I like the idea of different type of recharger but I don't like the stat for Combat recharger.
    For me it should be 0.5 shield/sec, 90-100% efficiency in fight.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like that status for combat regenerators I think they should have 100% efficiently

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To avoid using up Block IDs, I think this should be a user-selectable configuration for the single shield regenerator block. It'll take ages to set up different blocks, but Block IDs are precious. Maybe to reduce tedium, you could have a "master" shield regenerator block that controls a large number of "slave" regenerator blocks, so when you alter the master, it sets the same setting on all the slave blocks at the same time.

I think the settings should be server-configurable. Some servers might want combat efficiency at 100%, while others might want to cap it at 95%.
    Similarly, some servers might want to make all regenerator settings have 95% efficiency, but use logarithmically more energy for more shield regeneration.