100% CPU usage

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just updated my starmade to the latest version, and now when I try to use one of my (giant) ships, the CPU usage goes 100% and FPS drops to ~1. In older version of starmade (cant remember the version name, but it was around 6th of January 2014) I had no lag with that ship model, and in the same sector was other big ships too, no lag.

My specs aren't that amazing, but they should suffice:
    CPU: intel i7 2600K @4.2GHz
    RAM: 16Gb Kingston HyperX @ 1600MHz
    GPU: 6th of January 2014

Migrating universe didn't help (actually, it doesn't show it in any way that it's doing anything, just asks to click on "OK" a couple of times, no proggress bar or anything). I have 6 gigs allocated for both the client and server, so I don't think that's the problem, especially when the game doesn't use it all. I created a new universe, and then dropped this one ship on the scene: 100% CPU usage again, eaven at lowest graphics settings. I also tried to just wait for the game to load everything, if the problem lied somewhere in there, still after 60mins of waiting, 100%.

I'm out of ideas on fixing this problem, so I'm reverting to bothering you (and for that I'm sorry): Does anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
    Which operating system are you using? I would also be interested to know if StarMade is spamming your log files with \"Bad File Descriptor\" exceptions.

v0.14 is working my system pretty hard, too, and I believe these exceptions to be the problem. (Fedora 20 user here)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Win7 x64, and my logs are clean of file descriptor exceptions. Only thing it says is how something took a long time to update (mainly the ship):
    [SERVER][UPDATE] WARNING: object local update of Ship[SSVManaatti](233) took 375
    etc.