1:1 scale rifter

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So when I used to play EVE online, one of my favorite ships was the rifter. I decided to recreate it as best as possible at a 1:1 ratio.

It is mildly hard since I am not playing anymore, I can't get all the correct angles i need, and I am limited to Google image results. But I decided I would post what I have so far for input. I think It's going pretty well so far, it's lacking texture, but there's only so much I can do.

It isn't operational yet, but once I get the detail in I will be adding power, thrusters, shields, and guns.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s just about done now.

Its stats are now as follows:

Mass: 588

Power: 20,000 (39,498/sec)

Thrust: 846

Shields: 18,070 (1,151/sec)

I am not entirely sure how good that is because this is my first forray into actual ship building, but I would ideally like it to be semi-functional. I am hoping to spawn it on a server to see how well the shields hold up in a battle. I have plenty of room in the front 2 parts, but I don\'t want to slow it down. On that subject, despite how small this ship is, it turns sooo slow. It speeds up quick enough, but it\'s turn is so slow, anyway of speeding that up?

Otherwise, I might add more detail, but I think it\'s ok as is. I also ensured that there was enough antimatter cannons to ensure that every shot deals at least 100 damage (101 to be exact), so I can destory 1 hull block with 1 laser shot.

I will upload it after I playtest it a bit, but any other suggestions in the mean time?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    You need at least 125 damage to break a standard hull block, 400 to break a hardened hull.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    really? I kept adding more guns until I could destroy some other hull blocks I placed and it seemed the turning point was at 100, at 98 damage it just hurt the block, at 101 it destroye the normal hull blocks in 1 hit.

This is on my private, unmodified server too

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The actual rifter is equipped with auto cannons which pivot around and allow better tracking of enemy ships.

+ it would add authenticity ^^ It\'s a great ship otherwise, good job.

Slow turning doesn\'t sound right, a ship this size should turn on the spot with no trouble at all. Check your mouse sensitivity settings. I would advise filling it up with systems as far as they can go, you can never go wrong having more power ^^ And it won\'t get slowed down too much by adding blocks, you can always boost the thrusters.

Reaction score
    You\'re all a bit off on your calculations regarding standard hull blocks and the damage needed to down them; it\'s actually somewhere around 133.3 damage, but a bit more in practice.

Calculations:

A standard hull block has 100 HP, but 25% damage reduction; This means that 1/4 of all incoming damage will be blocked. So, knowing that 75% of your damage per shot must equal 100, we find that:

(3/4)x = 100

100/(3/4) = x; x= 400/3 = 133 and 1/3 damage.

Anyhow, nice ship; as previously mentioned, turning really shouldn\'t be too slow. A bit of critique: Your cannons look a bit awkward. I\'d consider adding some hull around em, and making the points at which they attach something other than rectangular columns. I\'d use slopes to build angled hardpoints.

Reaction score
    its a super awesome ship but it makes me sad because i could never make something that amazing and mind blowingly awesome