Texture Pack,

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am on the U.S.E. Server and really enjoy the custom blocks. However i have some ideas on a build but without pipe blocks , elbows & T\'s, i am unable to realize the vision for my build. Would you happen to have made pipe blocks already but aren\'t releasing them? If i knew how i\'d make them myself like your custom blocks BTW

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The guy\'s you will want to talk to are Crusade and Titansmasher.

They are the creators of the U.S.E mod, maybe mention to them your idea and see if they can help you out. I\'m not the creator of the blocks, i just stick a picture on the front of it :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Followed your instructions and get to 98% on loading screen then it disapears and am left with onlt the desktop. But the server see\'s me as logged in ??? Is there anything i need to change in options or elsewhere to let me use this texture pack?

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Heya sir,

Just heard you have done some normal maps.... are you going to show any in-game pics here? :) I love using normal maps, since they add a new dimension to whats already a wicked texture pack. If ya can\'t show anything its all good. Keep up the outstanding work!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    You can play with normal mapping in the latest dev build if you fancy;

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140213_175122.zip

user ; dev pass; dev

The option to turn them on is in the launcher options.

However i do have a picture to hand of the new normal maps, Standard hull.

:)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Wow than hull is just... really nice. I love how it blends together so well. Cant wait to see my ships with it!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Your misisles (the lattice) got me thinking

How about change 3 sides around one corner for AMC/Reactor/Shield/Power to be transitions from the neighbour blocks into each other on 3 sides to show consoles in transitional borders?

Is this / can this be made possible - in code? with openGL?

Examples:

><

• left, top, right, bottom are from 4 adjacent blocks and fade into each other

1. multiplicative with a 1-dimensional \"ramp\" (in an alpha channel?)
    2. additive (I guess) with a black underlay.

[-]

• The center line is an animated display.
    • Around this display are the transitions mentioned above.

• A third, maybe easier-to-do option would be to take the basic color of all blocks around, add some math to get an average or the most used, render an animated console-overlay with alpha channel on it.

It is between black and grey.

Reaction score
    the realistic texture pack isnt working for me, its glitchy looking

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    heya sir,

what ya think of these decorator blocks? also...anyone may answer as well.. thoughts/comments appreciated...

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    nice, yeah i will have to make some for my hardened hull design to see how they come out.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Cool ideas there Sinister.

Good to see people having fun modding it.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    thank you sir,

Although, those arent the only blocks I changed :) I did however add a small screen to each type of missle computer and other computers instead of those breather holes ,that way I could tell what they were from the back, as well as other changes and block designs. It is more you than I though and I greatly appreciate your effort and time put into these texture packs. I am also adding more wall ( decor ) blocks to the custom block section as well so the ones you see will mesh / blend well together.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Yea, I think i saw the other alterations in a PM you sent. Some cool ideas for sure.

As for adding more wall and deco blocks, definately something i would like to do in the near future.

But for now, there is a mod availible created by some of the forum users that i textured. Perhaps you could add that to your additional blocks :)

[http://starmadetextures.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/use.html]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you\'re adding more deco blocks and some of them are monitors, I feel it would be better to put the monitors as the default block textures. However, I do like those textures and would probably use them for custom decorations of my own.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Is there a good tool for all these stuff? In GIMP it is a lot of work...

What programm I hope to find:

• Good to simultanously edit multiple resolutions and maybe versions.

resolutions maybe as smaller preview of one version.
    • versions are: small preview of all hue\'s or multiple overlays.

[*]Overlays:

• Each layer (background, x block layers, an overlay - use final version of any other block, an automatical cutter for the overlay before using it)
    • Advanced tools: Click edit -> open pic in GIMP (via clipboard/file). Program lost focus -> update editor\'s pic Return to program -> update with editor version if something is changed.

How it could be done (if someone want to make it, I have other projects running). But maybe it already exists and I can\'t find it...

I am really interested into making textures, but GIMP require way to many clicks and has a lot of un-needed \"clutter\", no fav actions.

Or maybe someone can make a manual how you align something like selection or lines to a (picture-size/ 2^x) grid and get hirachical layers - or just the \"merge down\" into the shortcut-icon bar below the layers.

@kupu: How do you do it?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    For the realistic texture pack I feel like the hardened hull shouldn\'t have a border. It just looks well... unrealistic to have so many small squares.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    My main complaint with the texture pack is the core texture. It looks like a loading icon. It\'s too perphial-looking, not central-looking. It doesn\'t even have a central point for itself. Also, there\'s a lot of visual weight moving around on it (and the enhancers, though the perphial-device look suits them perfectly fine) so it feels off-balence.

Also, while I recognize this isn\'t something that could be done with texture packs alone, could we get seperate textures for the build block and faction modules?