Targ's ship thread

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yeah, it would be cool if we had them.

Also, I've begun working on a resource collector type ship in the TCS style, not sure if I like it or not, but meh.
    Looking good so far. I'm really liking the solar panal theme that you seem to have going. I'm curious if that is going to transfer over to the big ship or just stay on the small ships.
    I think it could use a little more bulk under the blue panals in the front, maybe a pod with salvagers under each one?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Looking good so far. I'm really liking the solar panal theme that you seem to have going. I'm curious if that is going to transfer over to the big ship or just stay on the small ships.
    I think it could use a little more bulk under the blue panals in the front, maybe a pod with salvagers under each one?
    Thanks, and the panels will continue up to cruiser size, but battleships and above have their own fusion reactors. TCS has only advanced their technology far enough to build fusion reactors on large scale, so they are impracticable on anything smaller. As for the solar panel idea, I may try that if I ever finish that ship, the amount of WIPs I have going at the moment is ridiculous; I still haven't finished that Triarii.

In other news, I am making a thing based of the Taiidan concept art from homeworld, the basic hull is done, but large parts of it still need detail and the interior needs doing.

Credits go to FrankRa , and Dalmont , who I "borrowed" the hull type variation detail and ice engine design from, respectively.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thanks, and the panels will continue up to cruiser size, but battleships and above have their own fusion reactors. TCS has only advanced their technology far enough to build fusion reactors on large scale, so they are impracticable on anything smaller. As for the solar panel idea, I may try that if I ever finish that ship, the amount of WIPs I have going at the moment is ridiculous; I still haven't finished that Triarii.

In other news, I am making a thing based of the Taiidan concept art from homeworld, the basic hull is done, but large parts of it still need detail and the interior needs doing.

Credits go to FrankRa , and Dalmont , who I "borrowed" the hull type variation detail and ice engine design from, respectively.
    Looks great. Amazing work as ussuall :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I finished a combat version of that Taiidan thing I was making, an RP version with a full interior will be released whenever I finish it; but since none of my ships are actually usable in a combat environment I thought I would release one that was at least mediocre. Please note that it contains no TE systems.

The link can be found here.
    (Awaiting approval)

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I finished a combat version of that Taiidan thing I was making, an RP version with a full interior will be released whenever I finish it; but since none of my ships are actually usable in a combat environment I thought I would release one that was at least mediocre. Please note that it contains no TE systems.

The link can be found here.
    (Awaiting approval)
    Amazing ship as ussual targ! Love the shape of it and those are some damn sexy engines :)

Reaction score
    I concur this is an amazingly beautiful ship, especially those engines. Everything just flows, hope you don't mind if I use them I shall dub them MK I Targareyan Pattern Engines. Keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I concur this is an amazingly beautiful ship, especially those engines. Everything just flows, hope you don't mind if I use them I shall dub them MK I Targareyan Pattern Engines. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks! But don't name them after me, name them after Dalmont; as I said in the WIP post, I got the ice engine design thingy from him, all I did was made them purple.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thanks! But don't name them after me, name them after Dalmont; as I said in the WIP post, I got the ice engine design thingy from him, all I did was made them purple.
    Horray for purple engines! *Bows repeatedly to great and powerful purple engine god*

Reaction score
    I REALLY like the diversity your ships have between them. You have amazing talent!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That looks like it is to scale... 527m or thereabouts?

If you want a woefully incomplete version that wore me out on starmade for a few weeks then check out http://starmadedock.net/content/rendii-destroyer.421/
    It is of course both old, and lacking certain key details, but I was younger then.

Are you making this ship for combat, or RP? If RP, how closely to you intend to conform to the source material?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    For a split-second I thought that your Hiigaran Destroyer looked identical to mine.
    After doing some checking it turned out I overreacted, for which I'm sorry.

The ship looks great. I'm interested in how you did the windows, they don't seem to be simple light blocks, but are still bright.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    For a split-second I thought that your Hiigaran Destroyer looked identical to mine.
    After doing some checking it turned out I overreacted, for which I'm sorry.

The ship looks great. I'm interested in how you did the windows, they don't seem to be simple light blocks, but are still bright.
    Thanks, and the windows are coloured glass bordered by varat and mattise crystal.
    That looks like it is to scale... 527m or thereabouts?

If you want a woefully incomplete version that wore me out on starmade for a few weeks then check out http://starmadedock.net/content/rendii-destroyer.421/
    It is of course both old, and lacking certain key details, but I was younger then.

Are you making this ship for combat, or RP? If RP, how closely to you intend to conform to the source material?
    It's to scale, or at least I thought it was, the website I found stated it was 445 metres long. And it will be a mix of rp and combat, it will have a metric shit ton of interior, but I don't want to completely fill the thing, since that would take until next Christmas. I am trying to conform to the source material as closely as I can, on the outside at least, though there are inaccuracies; and I can't find any pictures of Hiigaran interiors, so I will have to make something up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    that would take until next Christmas
    YOU AREN"T KIDDING...

This has been weighing me down for nearly a year now. I pretty much only do full interiors, and right now I only have crew spaces for a couple hundred men. Also, this one is NOT QUITE to scale, roughly 2/3 size.

Plenty of interior = nice!

As to what to include and what to leave off, get creative! Start throwing in things like:
    Air processing
    Water Processing
    Inter-deck spaces with pipes for air and ducts for water, cables for power
    The Destroyer didn't actually have a docking bay, but I included a small shuttle bay. On the Goblin (above) I built small craft fuel storage and armories and machine shops.
    Torpedo storage... All those torpedoes from the tubes have to come from somewhere! My destroyer had huge weak spots where if you hit it just right you took out all of the torpedoes in that magazine (and a big chunk of the ship)
    Under-turret arming mechanisms... Google Battleship turret loading stuff
    various crew recreation... With crews over 100 you really start to have excuses to include theaters, resturants, bars, etc. It can become very home-like.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Some interiory shizz from hangar & decontamination bay of the eternally unfinished Triarii (I mean come on, its been like 6 months of constant procrastination now).

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So, I made a new fighter based on the design of that massive blue WIP thing, and here is the result. The race thingy they belong to lore wise is the Terran Colonial Syndicate, a megacorparation that set up on Mars to conduct outlawed experiments upon live human test subjects, before eventually moving the entirety of its operations there, managing to partially terraform the atmosphere, making it just about breathable with a oxygen supplementing gas mask. Eventually this corporation became a completely separate and self sufficient entity to Earth's central government, to the state where they are now at war, and have been for the past ~50 years. Lore wise, they build large; but rather crappy ships.

Anyway, the fighter:
    Introduced by the Terran Colonial Syndicate as a response to the increasing hostilities with Earths central government, the Ganymede is a long range fighter, capable of making the Mars-Earth journey in under an hour. It also contains interior and food supplies for one day for journeys between the TCS colonies. Power is acquired through its dual solar panels, which can be folded back under battle conditions, while it is propelled by its twin ion drives.
    [Commencing visual link]

[End visual link]
    The download can be found here (Awaiting approval at the time of posting)-Edit:Its approved.
    Also, some progress on that big blue battleship:
    That fighter is perfect testbed for rails if you haven't dabbled much.