StarMade Dev Update: Introducing Faction Points

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also have a question for you @schema ,

In your description about scanners, you stated that only one scanner was permitted per structure. However, you also stated, "The recharge time depends on how many blocks you place...".

Pardon me if I am misinterpreting this, but what do you mean when you said "how many blocks"?

Besides all that, I'm very eager to tinker with this new update. Very nice work indeed, sir!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    ...Ooor, you could build a dedicated scanning/scout ship, and/or be in a faction that has one...
    This, man. Now there's finally a reason to make a dedicated AWAC type of ship. (I love real life AWAC planes with the big ass radomes) Long range scanners that give that big of a tactical advantage should need some form of specialization.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I also have a question for you @schema ,

In your description about scanners, you stated that only one scanner was permitted per structure. However, you also stated, "The recharge time depends on how many blocks you place...".

Pardon me if I am misinterpreting this, but what do you mean when you said "how many blocks"?

Besides all that, I'm very eager to tinker with this new update. Very nice work indeed, sir!
    It's a similar system to the jump drive except it charges automatically. The more blocks the faster the recharge I assume. The power consumption is a bit high though IMO. My 2 block antenna required 5k energy/sec or so. Needed to place down about 20 power blocks to make sure that I did not drain all my power. Once it does youre stuck with no power.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There are several methods in place to combat FP farming with multiple nicks on the same server.
    So this means that other unique players who just happen to have the same IP as you will not be counted towards your faction's FP?

My entire faction is family members, we all play from the same IP.

How does this work when you have a multiplayer LAN server running (everyone with the same internet IP)?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold

@schema i have just one question

Can scanners be logic triggered? if so scanner drones are incoming!

Reaction score
    -no chairs yet
    -added scanners

I don't even know what to think now.

Are scanners going to be a part of exploration or just a "see if there are any people" type thing? Do they detect abandoned stations? Does scanners mean that we won't automatically get stations/planets/asteroids/ships in our nav menu? If so I will be so very pleased.

Will we be able to convert FP into money (to buy ships n' stuff)?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Thanks Schema!

Question on faction points. Is it possible to have 'Departmentalized' Factions within a Faction? I know it may be asking much. So example 'States within a Nation' or 'Departments within a Company' etc. So it is possible technically to belong to two factions

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    -no chairs yet
    -added scanners

I don't even know what to think now.

Are scanners going to be a part of exploration or just a "see if there are any people" type thing? Do they detect abandoned stations? Does scanners mean that we won't automatically get stations/planets/asteroids/ships in our nav menu? If so I will be so very pleased.

Will we be able to convert FP into money (to buy ships n' stuff)?
    I hope more options for scanners come along, possibly even different types of scanners. The ones we got currently tell you about system ownership and whether players are around. Chances are scanners will let us see past our close range navigational stuff.

I believe it was stated that faction points could be used for things that either benefit the faction or can be used for faction ships.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I haven't really gotten into multiplayer much but the prospect of AI simulation controlling territory is something I've wanted added for a long time

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I haven't really gotten into multiplayer much but the prospect of AI simulation controlling territory is something I've wanted added for a long time
    I have to wonder how intricate it will be, and will the default basically just be pirates and trade guild? I'd really like to see the AI wrestle for sector control in singleplayer, but given how dumb the AI in the game is at the moment I've got a lot to desire.

Plus, the game would really need some more default ships. All the Isanth variations are nice and all, but some cruisers and frigates heading attacks on an enemy system would really be a sight to behold.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    So this means that other unique players who just happen to have the same IP as you will not be counted towards your faction's FP?

My entire faction is family members, we all play from the same IP.

How does this work when you have a multiplayer LAN server running (everyone with the same internet IP)?
    I think there is an option to disable said protection.
    <suggestion>OR, if uplinking accounts is enabled, it could be that only unique uplinked accounts recieve FP.</suggestion>

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I wish the other favourite games of mine were updated as frequently as Starmade.
    You are the best.

Reactions: Omni
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    With this faction system you could take over systems and destroy other peoples factions by continuously killing the other players of that faction or wait until they are all not active.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Interesting, also the hints on how the new universe will roll out in combination with this, as well as the mention of NPC's, sounds really, really promising. :cool:

Keep up the good work. ;)

Greets,

Jan