Reaction score
    Thanks for reply man its happen ending when I try to import binvox file it hangs with white box for 10 mins then I click close it then loads the last binvox I imported other day then I can't save as blueprints if this helps haven't bothered with old blueprints or ones made in game just trying to get binvox imports working it was working fine before my update I cus even make stations aswell but suddenly stopped I think it's prob windows 8.1 massive regretamine! ! Thanks for support though can't wait for smedit2

Reaction score
    lol just sussed out why because of windows 8 update java also updated to version 8 lol ................no wonder it doesnt work as you sed in first post u down graded java lol man i get there eventually......

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    lol just sussed out why because of windows 8 update java also updated to version 8 lol ................no wonder it doesnt work as you sed in first post u down graded java lol man i get there eventually......

I don't think your upgrade is the issue. It would be the issue if I was writing in 8 and you were using 7 then 7 would not know what math is in 8, but 8 knows what math is in 7. So that can't be the issue.

I am putting out a fix ASAP I has put in some math that defines the 2d and 3d uses for the application that might be affecting the plugin to import from the file type you are needing.

I will put that change ASAP and see if that locks it down for you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This happens when I try to open a new ship.

The window stays white and won't change. Same thing for other in-app windows. Hit boxes and stuff are still there because I could get the smooth effect to work on the Isanth with some random clicking, but the image won't show up.

Reaction score
    Did you read the original post?

"At this time you can only edit old blueprints or old entity file that you have converted into blueprint format."

You can't open newer ships.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This happens when I try to open a new ship.
    The window stays white and won't change. Same thing for other in-app windows. Hit boxes and stuff are still there because I could get the smooth effect to work on the Isanth with some random clicking, but the image won't show up.
    I will be putting out another update later today to try and resolve this issue. Let me know if there is an improvement to the situation. I appreciate the feed back

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Put out an update to try and fix loading issues, blueprint load issues, and plugin conversion issues.

If anyone has any more issues simply post and I will jump on seeing what I can do.

Yes this update has a tad bit of the upcoming SMEdit2 in it as far as application loading and icons and what not, but we are no where near ready for that yet. More to come soon on it.

Reactions: WolfChild
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I will be putting out another update later today to try and resolve this issue. Let me know if there is an improvement to the situation. I appreciate the feed back
    It fixed the problem. I still can't fix my turret up though because it's a new ship (stuffed up core location by one block after four hours work :( ). I'll have to wait until SMEdit 2 is released :/

Good job though, someone really needed to take this on.

Reaction score
    thanks for you support again dude ive found that if you grab the plug i box and expand and mimimise for 20 secs it loads whats meant to be shown in box if this helps anyone else as soon as i went back to je7 55 it works i was able to create station via binvox import !

Reaction score
    wolf child if you min and expand that white box it will load it up to the choose ship screen!

Reaction score
    sorry not been on big tissues with windows 8 hybrid startup not loading laptops was dead for awhile fixed now though. today smedit loading up alot faster however when i try to import binvox i get this error message: error executing plugin
    java.lang.nullpointerexeception
    at jo.sm.data.undobuffer.checkpoint (undobuffer.java:41)
    at jo.sm.ui.act.plugin.blockspluginaction$1.run(blockspluginaction.java:64)
    at jo.sm.logic.runnablelogic$1.run(runnablelogic.java:14.

hope this makes sense dude!

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    sorry not been on big tissues with windows 8 hybrid startup not loading laptops was dead for awhile fixed now though. today smedit loading up alot faster however when i try to import binvox i get this error message: error executing plugin
    java.lang.nullpointerexeception
    at jo.sm.data.undobuffer.checkpoint (undobuffer.java:41)
    at jo.sm.ui.act.plugin.blockspluginaction$1.run(blockspluginaction.java:64)
    at jo.sm.logic.runnablelogic$1.run(runnablelogic.java:14.

hope this makes sense dude!

If you would please zip up the file and send it to me in an email [email protected]
    I will take a look at it asap

I have talked with one of my testers and they have told me that you are trying to make the file larger than the allotted memory for the program.

I am working on a start up option that will allow you to pick how much memory you want the program to use, but at this time the old use of .bat and .sh files will not change the memory on the application.

I will get that done asap and see if that helps

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    but saying that when i click open ship no more white box issues for me loads instantly so think youve nailed that one dude i will send the file now again thanks for support and your teams support with will send the email now thank you

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    but saying that when i click open ship no more white box issues for me loads instantly so think youve nailed that one dude i will send the file now again thanks for support and your teams support with will send the email now thank you
    Sent you as return email. I will give one of the files to my win 8 testers to see what kind of problems they come up with. I thank you for your patients and for sticking around to help lock this issue down. I hope to get it resolved very soon. I hope the return files I sent help (as I had no problems opening them on win 7 personally)

Reaction score
    right just got home removed star made completely and re-downloaded and guesss what it worked lolololoololol i think ultimately it must have been my star made install as the isanth blueprint default wasn't in the blueprint default folder . i think its gotta have been that all along causing me issue i now feeling like a complete retarded fish so apologies for all your work for something so simple i aprechiate all help provided you have been incredibly patient with me and supportive !!! n ow i can crack on with playing starmade!!!! again cant wait for smedit 2 keep up the good work at least its helped make smedit alot more stable as before your last update still had minor issues now though its running perfect so much better even the replace blocks is working for making stations! legend you have done community a massive favour in fixing this build times now gonna be reduced dramatically cant thank you enuf ..... legend made my day!!!

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    right just got home removed star made completely and re-downloaded and guesss what it worked lolololoololol i think ultimately it must have been my star made install as the isanth blueprint default wasn't in the blueprint default folder . i think its gotta have been that all along causing me issue i now feeling like a complete retarded fish so apologies for all your work for something so simple i aprechiate all help provided you have been incredibly patient with me and supportive !!! n ow i can crack on with playing starmade!!!! again cant wait for smedit 2 keep up the good work at least its helped make smedit alot more stable as before your last update still had minor issues now though its running perfect so much better even the replace blocks is working for making stations! legend you have done community a massive favour in fixing this build times now gonna be reduced dramatically cant thank you enuf ..... legend made my day!!!
    you are very welcome I am putting out an optimized build in just a few min to help with the use of the default 1gig memory. you will find this one even more smooth than the last.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    New update out with more optimizing and clean up. I also added a few more default views on blocks in the "View" menu.

if anyone is wondering why I am doing these thing over finishing off the code to insure the application can work with new blueprints and entity files; the reason is actually very simple. I need to get failure with what Jo did with this application to know what all it is I am looking for inside of it to change.

Some things are taken directly from the starmade code and simply changed by Jo to work for the smedit app. in short this is going to take more than just a good handle on java code it is also going to take a good feel for what is going on in this app to insure what needs to be changed to allow for new blue prints is changed.

I know I can do it. I just want to make sure I do it right when I do. We are getting there no worries.

Reactions: Kornaga
    Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    put out another update this is a fix to the memory progress bar. You will see that the memory is now somewhat shown in reverse of what it was.

Here is the added feature to this.

When you use up some memory try double click on the progress bar to try and clean up java trash collection. This will release and trash collecting java has done.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    (Update for 5/19/2014)

The new changes include a complete ui clean up and side panel clean up. That along with moving the plugin button to a new button bar at the top along with the memory use progress bar. You can now request for the memory garbage to be manually dumped by clicking on the memory progress bar.

The new plugin button.

will now bring up the list of available plugins for you to chose from outside of file imports that is still housed in the menu bar for files and the other filler / hollow / shape plugins that too is still on the menu bar.

The new home button

This will take you to the new SMEdit2 web site where we will have the blog spot for the application, the main download link to the lazygamerz.org site, and the java docks. Many improvements still need to be done there and sorry for the mess. I had hoped to get on more for the site but things have been hectic with what all our community runs and does now for starmade.

The about button has been moved to the help menu and will be ready for use in the next few updates.

The "Jo_sm" jar file in your main StarMade folder now acts as a instance of the application with a higher memory allocation. you can start SMEdit by clicking on the jo_sm jar file and the application will have a preset 2 gigs of memory allocated to it. This is for more advanced people looking for more memory to use on the program.

At this time the start up jar file is blocking the abilty to set higher memory, and I will be working on that over the next few day to this next week.

We are getting very close to what we want to do for SMEdit2 not long now.