I wish titan fights were like this

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    They will never be perfect like this but i am sure they will get better. Keep in mind that EVE doesn't have custom ships you have to load and doesn't use voxels.

Reaction score
    Aside from the FX? IMO, that looks extremely boring

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I agree with you, i find combat in EvE pretty boring most of the time. Yes maybe it gets more interesting in fleet battles but still, its the same thing over and over again.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Personally I'd like to see Heat-Bars for weapons, shield-arrays, etc.

Currently if you don't fire missiles exactly after they recharged or hold down a cannon button, your wasting dps.
    With a Heat-Bar or if you could fire just 10 instead of a full volley of 15/40 heat-seakers, you wouldn't waste charge-cycles as you could either fire or continue charging.

Instead there could be artefacts which reward you for targeting them with the right weapon.
    Target shield-artefacts with ion-beams.
    Target a structural artefact while the target is moving with your push-cannon, etc (can give partially civilian ships some buff in dps, similar to a critical hit with just-combat weapons if they use this artefact).

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I'd like capital battles to be more like this, myself. Pardon the lag jumping, this was ingame footage on something that *isn't* designed to be a boring click-to-kill MMO :u

Reactions: PizzaPress
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd like capital battles to be more like this, myself. Pardon the lag jumping, this was ingame footage on something that *isn't* designed to be a boring click-to-kill MMO :u

simple change could already make it closer to that:
    extent the cannon bullet length
    explosion graphics

only the lag would be crazy if a battle like that would happen in starmade

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Let's all face the facts, for Starmade's combat to change, there must first be a fix to making turrets more functional. All those "cool" battles everyone keeps suggesting show large capital ships with large armaments of turrets, which allows for broad sides and a more appealing battle form a third person perspective.

Right now you will never find ships in Starmade's broadsiding because turrets simply are useless compared to onboard weapons, the only thing worth using them for is point defense because you simply cannot make a good anti capital turret without it being half the size of your ship.

I say give players the ability to hook up weapons from the main ship onto the turrets to increase their effectiveness without being over sized, and add a nice third person perspective while giving players the ability to control where the turrets fire.

An example would be like the concept of Star Conflict, or the upcoming game dreadnought.
    Skip to about 3mins for gameplay footage.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Let's all face the facts, for Starmade's combat to change, there must first be a fix to making turrets more functional. All those "cool" battles everyone keeps suggesting show large capital ships with large armaments of turrets, which allows for broad sides and a more appealing battle form a third person perspective.

Right now you will never find ships in Starmade's broadsiding because turrets simply are useless compared to onboard weapons, the only thing worth using them for is point defense because you simply cannot make a good anti capital turret without it being half the size of your ship.

I say give players the ability to hook up weapons from the main ship onto the turrets to increase their effectiveness without being over sized, and add a nice third person perspective while giving players the ability to control where the turrets fire.

An example would be like the concept of Star Conflict, or the upcoming game dreadnought.
    Skip to about 3mins for gameplay footage.

Give the turrets "follow the cursor" and "fire on click" ability?
    Also, do something about the god damn camera. I dispise the FP view that yo uare restricet do if you want to fire your weapons.
    Show some love for the free cam

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Give the turrets "follow the cursor" and "fire on click" ability?
    Also, do something about the god damn camera. I dispise the FP view that yo uare restricet do if you want to fire your weapons.
    Show some love for the free cam
    That's easy, just double tap shift. Then make it so that the turrets actually follow the cursor, and you'll be all set.

Also, the first video...
    *Earlier, in corporation chat*
    Guy #1 Hey! how do you feel about wasting hundreds of millions of isk in helium and nitrogen isotopes to make a boring video!
    Guy #2 That sounds cool! How about we spice it up by also wasting tens of millions of isk by shooting lasers and normal missiles at eachother too!
    Guy #1 What a great idea! let's head to the POS halfway through the video as well! I'm sure the change of scenery will make the video much more interesting.
    Guy #2 Ok! I'll go grab the 100 billion isk avatar, do you want to use the leviathan?
    Guy #1 Yeah, sure! Of course, losing 200 billion isk in ships if a some enemies happen to jump into the system and find us, or things get out of hand and we blow each other up, won't be a problem at all!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'll just hijack this again:
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/controllable-grouped-turrets.8354/

Support that, and you support capital ship fights.

Then buff turrets so that they can actually make a dent in armour, and finally spinal-mounted main armaments will be a thing for über-weapons and fighters only.
    Dreadnought is exactly what brought this matter back into mind again, so I'm probably not too far off ground when chiming in here.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This would be perfect fight between 2 titans:

I mean this crew play.... That would be totally awesome

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Starmade isn't being designed around crewed ships like Star Citizen is, so I doubt we'd be able to make crewed titan battles work at all. Guns of Icarus style stuff would be fun as an RP server event or something, though, I guess.