Read by Council Discord server

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor

Everything the same as SMD, same rules, same mods, same everything. Just better because I can stalk discord from the bus.

Reactions: nightrune

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    If you can stalk discord from the bus, shouldn't you also be able to simply browse SMD via your phone's internet browser?

I don't really get the point, especially considering that it would just split the community up even more...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Discord seems the crave in many streams, I still don't get what's interesting in using that to be honest...

Greets,

Jan

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    we already have an IRC, it's not shatering the community, however, many of us already use discord, and like how a community skype group got setup by crusade, I feel a discord would be a good idea. But official. So people use it.

That skype groupe, of which iirc you was a part of keptick, didn't shater the community, but was a nice alternative that didn't mean having to log into SMD.

Plus lets face it, SMD goes up and down like a fucking yoyo.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just my two cents, its a unified chat and voice server that is always on, free, and infinitely customizable. I do not know when they got good, but it will take a supreme effort on the part of any another communication app to come close to topping it. I lament not finding it and switching all my server communications to it sooner (besides forums obviously). It even integrates with twitch/youtube/etc!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Is there an official starmade discord yet or still none? (sorry for digging up ancient posts)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    No.
    -Large discords quickly become unreadable meme-filled messes on par or worse than with twitch chats
    -Splinters the community (the IRC only exists for legacy purposes)
    -We already have a chat function
    -We don't need a voice function, players can join private discords/teamspeaks/mumble servers/ventrillo servers/exchange phone numbers/mail eachother vinyl records of their recorded voice/etc if they want that

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The closest thing to a StarMade discord we currently have is the thriving and growing unofficial StarMade discord server found here: StarMade Discord