Bradock's Brigade shipyards

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    After some long debates, I finally decided to start a thread where I can reveal and share my builds, also hopefully get some constructive criticism to improve further builds.
    Note that my ships are primarily performance-oriented, stats come before looks.

Here's the first one, familiar to those watching StarSide: Blood and Steel Day 1
    http://starmadedock.net/content/team-odium-archer-class-missile-frigate.2271/

The Archer-class was one of my first "big" builds back when I still pretty much counted as a noob (2 years ago, way before the weapon update) and the first version only used ice crystals and black advanced armor. I almost lost count how many re-fits and upgrades she's been through before she reached her current state, but now I'm satisfied with the result.

Imgur album: http://imgur.com/gallery/vy2nN

My second project right now is a 50K mass battlecruiser. For me, it's an ambitious project, for others, maybe a slow Tuesday. I'm planning to release this one soon. probably after I get some ideas for more hull details.

Full album: http://imgur.com/gallery/jVN3A

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Archer is pretty impressive.

The leviathan is off to a strong start.
    Though, here's some things that could be improved: The raised plates on the center hull could be made a different color, to stand out more and break up the grey. You could also add "straps" to the turret mounts on the engine nacelles (like the ones on that side platform) as well as for all sets, connecting them lengthwise with a line. I'd also suggest some colored hull of some sort (I'd probably go for orange) and put down some stripes.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Leviathan's built with intended simplicity to be an easy-to-spawn capital in a survival server. Guess what color of normal hull is the easiest to obtain from derelicts and disabled pirate stations - grey standard. I'll see what alternative colors could be possible, but I meant the Leviathan as a "my first capital" kinda ship.

Reaction score
    Remember over detailing is also bad, I think you should keep it simple on the Battle-cruiser, it actually looks almost complete as it stands now.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Oh, for a second I thought it was vertical wings and I was like "Sweet! A small fighter that doesn't blend in with all the other ones out there."
    Still looks good, if a little generic.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    http://starmadedock.net/content/myrmidon-heavy-fighter.2547/

The Hermes-class gunship was one of my first proven designs back in the age of flat planets, Isanths VI-s, low render distance and primitive weaponry. Later renamed Myrmidon when I made it more combat-ready and incorporated it in one of my first carriers. Now I decided to overhaul the whole thing when I came across the blueprint. The result was done in a single day.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Nice to see that my go to man for refits is finally making his own hulls :3 The Leviathan looks great so far, keep it up.

Reactions: Matt_Bradock

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5

The Myrmidon received its due update for the rail systems! I also managed to squeeze in some more shields and rework the cannons for better overall performance.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Remote controlled utility modules arrived for the Archer! Mount a drone rack to mimic the original setup, or mount a salvager module to take the ship for a resourcing route/help collect the spoils after you ruined someone's day! Both can be remotely operated from cockpit, or using an inner ship remote in the quickbar.

More module ideas are welcome!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Here's the newest addition to my little fleet, the Shrike starfighter (gotta build a carrier one day for these!)

http://starmadedock.net/content/shrike-class-starfighter.2292/

Looks cool, reminds me of the yss 1000.
    You should get a better color scheme though, it can be so much better.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436909326,1436909291][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Remote controlled utility modules arrived for the Archer! Mount a drone rack to mimic the original setup, or mount a salvager module to take the ship for a resourcing route/help collect the spoils after you ruined someone's day! Both can be remotely operated from cockpit, or using an inner ship remote in the quickbar.

More module ideas are welcome!
    Make engine pods, that is what I did for my megaminer

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Looks cool, reminds me of the yss 1000.
    You should get a better color scheme though, it can be so much better.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436909326,1436909291][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Make engine pods, that is what I did for my megaminer
    Engine pods? If you find any actual use for them, fine. As of now, docked entities cannot move the host entity, so neither thrusters nor a push effect would work with those.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Engine pods? If you find any actual use for them, fine. As of now, docked entities cannot move the host entity, so neither thrusters nor a push effect would work with those.
    Oh, they wont be docked, they just take up the dock and are filled with thrusters

Reaction score
    Would a cargo pod and salvage pod pairing work on the Shrike-2? Like, would it be possible to link the salvage beam in one pod to storage blocks in the other?

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Would a cargo pod and salvage pod pairing work on the Shrike-2? Like, would it be possible to link the salvage beam in one pod to storage blocks in the other?
    Unfortunately, no. You can't interact with storages on different entities.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437636484,1437636371][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's the newest addition to my fleet, the Warpath Light Assault Destroyer:

For detailed info, check out the link below:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/warpath-missile-destroyer.3088/

Reactions: Rumcajz