What is personal cargo?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Simple question, hopefully, and the wiki doesn't really talk about this. You can set a storage block as "personal cargo." But what does this actually do?

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It means you can use the blocks in the storage as your personal inventory. There is a button under the inventory tab that will toggle between your inventory and personal cargo. This is very useful when building as you can set your main cargo as personal invetory and have access to all of your blocks.

Reaction score
    Pretty simple. When you select the cargo button(I think it's by the creative button) in your inventory when you're within a sector(?) you get the storage as your inventory. Useful for building and expanding your 2k inventory limit.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    How does it deal with multiple players? Can different players set the same storage block as personal storage?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    How does it deal with multiple players? Can different players set the same storage block as personal storage?
    I only tested it briefly but I was able to have multiple players access the same personal storage. I did hear once it has an issue updating the values across multiple players if they are using the same resources.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    What Sven said, but I'd like to add that you all share the same personal inventory hotbar. So if you change out blocks, it also changes it out for them. This can get a bit problematic if more than one person is using the storage to build ships, as people fight over the hotbar slots, lol.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What Sven said, but I'd like to add that you all share the same personal inventory hotbar. So if you change out blocks, it also changes it out for them. This can get a bit problematic if more than one person is using the storage to build ships, as people fight over the hotbar slots, lol.
    Good point. The personal storage system uses the first ten slots of the inventory as what is on the hotbar. I tried to organize my inventory once and couldn't do anything with those 10 slots.