Weapons Demonstration: News and Discussion

Reaction score
    I won't speak for others, but i will quote Schema where he addressed giving ETA's in a previous thread.

As for the update and it's progression, if you have been following the dev builds and getting stuck in testing them out, you are quite literally playing with it as it's being made. :D

It's super exciting to see so much anticipation for this update! But please understand a solid ETA will most likely not be given for the aforementioned reason.
    Oh, I know a solid ETA is a no go, just wanted to know if we're months, weeks or even days near ^^ Hope I wasn't being rude!

Still, thanks for clearing it up anyway!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    In build mode press C in the Weapon computer you want as master (cannon/missile/beam/damagepulse) then press V on the computer of the slave you want the effect, cannon for rapidshot, missile for multishot, beam for long range and damagepulse for another effect (dont know exacly what this ones beam and damagepulse are doing)

Don't try with BBs, SK and the pulsator because they not work. Hope you can understand
    but like how do i get them , i can't find the rapid shot effect modules in the shop

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    but like how do i get them , i can't find the rapid shot effect modules in the shop
    Rapid shot isn't a tertiary effect. It's what happens when you link an AMC computer (AMC's effect being rapid fire rate) to another computer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    There is not one, you need to conect a amc weapon computer to another amc weapon computer to get the rapidshoot effect, the same goes for the other four weapons.

The effects you found are a secondary effect that change the way the weapon does damage

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    There is not one, you need to conect a amc weapon computer to another amc weapon computer to get the rapidshoot effect, the same goes for the other four weapons.

The effects you found are a secondary effect that change the way the weapon does damage
    ah ok thats weird thanks it wokrs now

Reaction score
    The "multiple shoot" effect look bad with beams. It's the fact they seems fixed who disturb me I think.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    after some time with the new weapons, i want to ask: What do Schema and the Calbiri think about the output size? is it better stay as one block or it can be change for more in the future? i want to hear your thoughts about this.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    I literally freaked out over the new additions, all the decorative blocks, the crystals, weapon effects, and ORANGE HULL!

The weapons still need a lot of balancing though, I loaded up my main fighter to test out the cannons. They seem way to slow by default and with a 50/50 split to "rapid fire" cannons were still really slow. The damage is also pathetic as I wasn't able to break the shields on a standard Isanth let alone another fighter in a dogfight. More testing later, oh and damage lasers still crash my game.
    Schema and I are both adjusting numbers during the dev build, as he is testing things and I am striving to balance the systems as we solve bugs and proper balance testing on each becomes possible. The cannon speed you mention was a mistake, the cannon speed was dropped to 15000 ms reload time, this was intended to affect missiles however, in the next dev version cannons should be back at the proper speed (we are currently trying a 3000 ms reload time)

Addressing the multishot issue, I agree, they should have a random scatter pattern instead of the set pattern that is currently used. I'll ask schema if this can be changed.

In regards to questions about weapon stats modification, here is how things work;
    • Slaving one of the four weapon systems to your master system will give boosts to reload, multishot, range, and damage (these stats will change for you master system, but the overall DPS balance will remain on a linear growth scale per block)
      • These are all considered COMBO effects
    • Slaving one of the many new Tertiary Effect systems will further impact how your weapons damage is applied once it hits the target (it does now effect how your weapon fires, only the impact of the munition)
      • These can be linked in addition to the Combo effects (Master/slave/effect)

Reaction score
    after some time with the new weapons, i want to ask: What do Schema and the Calbiri think about the output size? is it better stay as one block or it can be change for more in the future? i want to hear your thoughts about this.
    Increasing the impact area of weapons comes with a few issues that we are looking into solving (gets challenging doing area ray traces instead of a 2d line)
    You may for now use the Explosive effect tertiary system to add an +1/+1/+1 "Burst" effect to the impact of the weapon

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Schema and I are both adjusting numbers during the dev build, as he is testing things and I am striving to balance the systems as we solve bugs and proper balance testing on each becomes possible. The cannon speed you mention was a mistake, the cannon speed was dropped to 15000 ms reload time, this was intended to affect missiles however, in the next dev version cannons should be back at the proper speed (we are currently trying a 3000 ms reload time)
    I know it's an ongoing process, the last dev build I tested was really off, The power consumption was through the roof and I could make a cannon that fired a solid stream of bullets until it hit the render cap.

Reaction score
    I know it's an ongoing process, the last dev build I tested was really off, The power consumption was through the roof and I could make a cannon that fired a solid stream of bullets until it hit the render cap.
    Again, that was the same issue, Schema adjusted the cannon rate of fire (but not the other stats) to do some testing. This resulted in all the combos of cannons being made completely off balanced :P Im actively shepparding the numbers on the balance sheet, dont worry, on release, the numbers should all work nicely, I'll also post a file seperately just in case something is messed up at the last minute

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Again, that was the same issue, Schema adjusted the cannon rate of fire (but not the other stats) to do some testing. This resulted in all the combos of cannons being made completely off balanced :p Im actively shepparding the numbers on the balance sheet, dont worry, on release, the numbers should all work nicely, I'll also post a file seperately just in case something is messed up at the last minute
    I trust a balance will be found and I'll keep testing the Dev Builds and provide feedback as well as bug reports to the best of my ability.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor

Addressing the multishot issue, I agree, they should have a random scatter pattern instead of the set pattern that is currently used. I'll ask schema if this can be changed.

In regards to questions about weapon stats modification, here is how things work;
    • Slaving one of the four weapon systems to your master system will give boosts to reload, multishot, range, and damage (these stats will change for you master system, but the overall DPS balance will remain on a linear growth scale per block)
      • These are all considered COMBO effects
    • Slaving one of the many new Tertiary Effect systems will further impact how your weapons damage is applied once it hits the target (it does now effect how your weapon fires, only the impact of the munition)
      • These can be linked in addition to the Combo effects (Master/slave/effect)
    Ok, but I hope the missiles get buffed because really good bombers now do 0-1 damage on blocks per missile

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So what are these tertiary effects all about? I don't really understand them at all. Can you give an example?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So what are these tertiary effects all about? I don't really understand them at all. Can you give an example?
    Example:
    Master: AMC
    Slave: AMC
    Teritary Effect: Explosion

Rapid fire AMC cannon. Projectiles explodes on impact.

Teritary effects are weapons but can't works alone. For example, there is Explosion computer and explosion modules. EMC computer and EMC modules. Effects works only when u attach them to some weapon combo.

PS: Calbiri, it will be a little bit of offtopic. But will Schema implement blackholes or it's abandoned project?

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Do the new planets explode? This could be interesting.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Do the new planets explode? This could be interesting.
    I have never tested that, but assuming atmosphere models disappear the way they should, it may become possible to eliminate the stupid amount of clustered planets that a system generates... Then just hurl the leftover pieces out of the system with a giant repulsor beam.

Increasing the impact area of weapons comes with a few issues that we are looking into solving (gets challenging doing area ray traces instead of a 2d line)
    You may for now use the Explosive effect tertiary system to add an +1/+1/+1 "Burst" effect to the impact of the weapon
    Ah... So, will beams scale in size as the array gets larger? Because giant ships with needle beams look kind of silly. Needs moar giant beams of doom.

Lastly, the computer/light thing is kind of awkward... Could Schema just make it so that lights can be linked to computers? (Linkbox color could be either white or pink)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Weapon balance: Would you consider releasing the formulas used for the weapon stats?

Also: if you are going to have DPS linearly dependent by block count you are going to run into problems regarding balancing Fighter/Capital ship weapons. (My take would be rapid fire (pulse lasers and cannons) would be more effective in small counts and beam/sniper cannons for capital ships... that is atleast as it seems to be in a lot of sci fi movies)