Vermilion hope StarMade build

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So while chilling in chat someone posted a deviant art picture. In the sidebar of this image was what looked like a dream come true for me.

After the first few seconds of shock i decided to build it under the name Vermilion hope *totally not the name originally given to the artwork* I plan for it to be 600m long and 100m in width.
    Knowing me this wont be an easy project, but knowing this community you have tons of suggestions as to how to build ships so please comment with suggestions once i actually start work.

Artist Tekka-Croe
    Original Deviant: http://tekka-croe.deviantart.com/art/DNS-Vermilion-Hope-292643167

Wish me luck, Alex out.

(first progress report should come later today)

Reaction score
    That ship looks good!

The only thing is I think it is closer to 75 blocks wide and 150 tall if you scale it to 600 blocks in length and the lights in the black sections of hull may look a little off on the surface - maybe recess them? I like the colour scheme of the ship - it has white, grey, black and brown, so there is a good amount of variation and the shape has a bunch of layers, which will look awesome.

Can't wait to see this take shape.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ok so i lied about an actual report of progress (sorry) but that was mainly due to after looking at the original that the white curves on top seem to be made of several different tones of white. and as such i need some help figuring out which hull type should go with which section

*Note* the H means just normal hull the S is standard and the A is advanced they are also above their corresponding types.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    the top fits best with Basic but would be just as good with standard

Reaction score
    The reference pic remind me of one ship ref that i see a month ago now i see it is from the equal artist^^ i hope it help u in you build stage

Blink out

Reactions: darknassius
    Reaction score
    For colours, it seems to me that standard hull is darker, but more reflective, and advanced seems a tiny bit darker than basic hull - it would be nice to see them next to each other. I think that standard hull should be the lightest colour because of its reflectiveness and lack of much texture. For the other two colours, it is between basic and advanced. If they are too similar, you may need to reduce the number of colours you use... Somehow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The reference pic remind me of one ship ref that i see a month ago now i see it is from the equal artist^^ i hope it help u in you build stage

Blink out
    I saw that image shortly after i saw the side on, some things look to be off to me.

Reaction score
    I saw that image shortly after i saw the side on, some things look to be off to me.
    Yeah, it is different. In the picture there is a section of white hull connecting the top and bottom parts of the hull, and it looks to be a lot shorter, and has a differently detailed front half - instead of vertical bands, it is more like horizontal lines. And the lights are different.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Well, than you just have to combine the two pictures into making your ship somwhere in between them...