The Unofficial Super Friendly and Fun Station Competition for Sentient Beings in the Galaxy!

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    WELCOME!
    Hello sentient beings alike, I, Blaza612, am here to welcome you to the first Unofficial Super Friendly and Fun Station Competition for Sentient Beings in the Galaxy (or USFFSCSBG) which will be an annual competition hosted to (hopefully) inspire people to make amazing stations to show off to the community that is Starmade! There will be rewards! (we're not liable if rewards are not rewarded) There will be people! And most importantly, there will be fun!

ENTRY
    This is a competition in which everyone can enter! There are no restrictions on who can enter, however, if you just so happen to be from the "Dark Sectors" then please stay away! We don't want any chaos to ruin the super happy fun time here! Sorry for the inconvenience!

In the end, just say that you're in, and then post your station. The station must be downloadable from the Starmade Dock Community Content in it's own page, the submission must contain a link to said page.

You can submit a maximum of 10 stations per person.

RULES
    There are only a few simple rules on how exactly this will play out.

1. Please, for the love of God, do
    NOT eject excrement on the security drones, they WILL become hostile and attack, and we don't want to see another accidental genocide that happened in another competition that shall not be named.

2. There will be a theme given out, try to stick to this theme as it can (remember, it says can, if your station is good enough, then you can bypass the Theme score all together, we don't want to kill your inspiration) affect your overall score, and there will be a category of stations ranked solely on how well it used the theme.

3. Respect other people. There is absolutely
    NO reason to insult other people, doing so will cause you to be immediately disqualified, without warning.

4. Any spam posts will be immediately deleted, this includes stations that other people have built. Two spam submissions will result in immediate disqualification.

Spam consists of:
    Phallic objects
    Stations that have been previously been built by other people
    Stations that were not made seriously, i.e a single block.

5. Have fun! Seriously, have a LOT of fun, otherwise, I'll lose my job!

JUDGING
    The burden of judging will be given to the community, all submissions will be compiled into one Google Docs form for people to fill out, there will also be a poll on this thread for the highest voted stations on this thread

There will be different categories for submissions to win in, these categories are:

• Overall (All of the other Categories combined into one Super-Score)
    • Theme (How well the station utilizes the theme)
    • Exterior (The exterior of the station)
    • Interior (The interior of the station)
    • Rails (How well the rails are utilized for the station)
    • Creativity (How well the different blocks can be utilized to create cool, things, I guess...)
    • Role (How well the station represents the role it intends to have)
    • Mood (How well the station creates a mood that fits it)
    • Story (If your station presents a story, and how well that story is presented/utilized, the quality of the story will also affect this)
    • Humour (If your station presents humour (that isn't a phallic object) and the quality of said humour)
    All of these will have their own submissions which are ranked, so one submission could be 1st on Theme, 3rd on Exterior and 24th on Interior.

THE DATES
    The Theme will be announced on the 10th of July, when it is announced, it will be put onto the main post, and will be it's own sub-post.

The Deadline for submission will be the 31st of July, or the end of the month in which the event takes place, we are hoping that this is a decent amount of time for the creation of the submissions. If the time to build a station is not liked, then it can be changed to a more appropriate time that accompanies for all. This is the first of the event, this will have to be balanced, as after this event, it isn't changing.

This event will happen every three months, from the 10th to the 25th of the month in which this takes place.

THEME

Theme voting has now closed, and the competition has begun. The theme is:

INDUSTRIAL

REWARDS
    yay!
    There will be a series of rewards for those who win the final judging, such as:

1st Place:
    A digital stacks-on game! (usually ends with me having to buy a new PC)
    A possible Master-Builders badge! (If Schine is willing to award for this event)
    A Super-Happy-Fun-Time-Limited-Edition Smiley Face!
    My Congratulations!
    2nd Place:
    A Digital Hug! (usually ends with me having to buy a new keyboard)
    A possible Master-Builders badge! (If Schine is willing to award for this event)
    My Congratulations!
    3rd Place:
    A Digital High-Five! (usually ends with me having to buy a new monitor)
    Maybe a Master-Builders badge, this will be left to the community to decide.
    My Congratulations!
    4th and 5th Place:
    My Congratulations!
    And the reward for all submissions will of course be, Publicity. Hopefully (if this event picks up enough speed) you will create a good public image of yourself on the Starmade Dock! Well, at least to the people who have viewed the event.

OUR SPONSORS
    -Star Corp.
    -CNY

If you wish to sponsor this event, reply with the fact that you would like to sponsor, and you too can be a part of the Sponsor's Wall of Fame!

As a sponsor, you are able to decide which themes will go into the theme voting, although you are obligated to advertise on any media you see fit.

GOOD LUCK!
    So, you have four days (maybe three for some) to gather inspiration for the competition, good luck, and may the logic be with you!

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I would like to know if there is a minimum/maximum size limit.

CNY also would like to "sponsor" since there appears to be no requirement to provide rewards and a sponsor merely advertises.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would like to know if there is a minimum/maximum size limit.

CNY also would like to "sponsor" since there appears to be no requirement to provide rewards and a sponsor merely advertises.
    There will be no maximum limit, however, there may end up being a minimum, I'm currently trying to think up an appropriate number for said minimum, was hoping for some third party opinion.

On a side note, thanks for sponsoring, CNY is now apart of the Sponsor's Wall of Fame! :D

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    hahahahahaha i like this xD
    rewards too!
    cant wait to see what theme we will get :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sweet, this might actually put some pressure on my creative glands.

But... 10 stations per builder? Don't you think that's a bit of a chore to go through and rate?

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Sweet, this might actually put some pressure on my creative glands.

But... 10 stations per builder? Don't you think that's a bit of a chore to go through and rate?
    Well depends on how many are ACTUALLY submitted doesn't it?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well depends on how many are ACTUALLY submitted doesn't it?
    But potentially, it could ask to much of our honoured judges who are we, couldn't it?
    I mean, looking back at the official contest, I doubt anyone will build more than 2 within 15 days. If at all. I know I won't. So you're probably right.
    Just pointing out, then, 10 is quite optimistic, too.

Reaction score
    Blackmesa LTD will take care of the voting. just like the post in this thread (the little thumbs up button) and our slaves will count the votes.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    But potentially, it could ask to much of our honoured judges who are we, couldn't it?
    I mean, looking back at the official contest, I doubt anyone will build more than 2 within 15 days. If at all. I know I won't. So you're probably right.
    Just pointing out, then, 10 is quite optimistic, too.
    I know that some people are amazing enough that they can build fantastic stations in a couple of days. I wanted a limit that was somewhat unrealistic. :P

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Theme voting has now begun! Hurry and vote for your favorite theme before the competition starts!

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Perhaps a description of these 3 themes and an example image would help?

Anomaly is very...broad

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    yeah,kinda hard to get inspired with them :p
    i mean,i can work with anything,was just expecting something more

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Perhaps a description of these 3 themes and an example image would help?

Anomaly is very...broad
    Anomaly is very broad, and very hard to describe, for me at least. It's pretty much what-ever comes to mind, there are many different anomalies. You may choose to do a gravitational anomaly, have your station split into different areas, all with their own direction of gravity. It's meant to be broad, it allows for a larger amount of ideas for the theme. I hope. :p

I'll put up descriptions, hopefully that helps.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So the station could be built with whatever style the builder wanted e it industrial or curved and then have a "gravitational anomaly" effect the station correct?

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So the station could be built with whatever style the builder wanted e it industrial or curved and then have a "gravitational anomaly" effect the station correct?
    Indeed it could, I've updated the main thread with some descriptions, I'm not the best at describing this sort of thing, so it may still be a bit broad. :p

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    ok,my station has faulty bathrooms,you have to flush twice
    does that count? :P

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Next time around I think as sponsor I could maybe help in determining themes?

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ok,my station has faulty bathrooms,you have to flush twice
    does that count? :p
    Lol, somewhat. xD

On a side note, there could be a system where people can suggest themes, then the best of those are voted on. Or, if you really want, we can postpone the event, for your inspiration. :P

Next time around I think as sponsor I could maybe help in determining themes?
    That is another role the Sponsors could play, would actually make being a sponsor more beneficial. If you have any theme ideas, I can very easily add them.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436268151,1436266862][/DOUBLEPOST]The themes have been altered a bit, thus voting has been reset. This has been due to the lack of actually good themes, this issue is being resolved for future events, you will be required to vote again, unfortunately.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I like the descriptions for Vegas and industrial, but spiritual and anomaly are still a bit vague. However, I look forward to possibly participating.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like the descriptions for Vegas and industrial, but spiritual and anomaly are still a bit vague. However, I look forward to possibly participating.
    They are quite hard to describe. I'm rarely the best at describing this stuff, if anyone has any descriptions I could use, it would be greatly appreciated. :p

EDIT: I've added a little more to the spiritual description, hopefully it helps.