The Ghost of Razgrizz new ship with updates on work

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I am working on ship so far what im going for is a battleship or dreadnought type ship though i think by the time im finally done i might end up with a titan class
    Its length: 243
    width: 78
    Height: 50 or more

Status: skeleton phase with engines to move whereever i need it

How do the cannons have to be set up cause i want to go with a good amount of fire power but im worried i wont have rapid fire

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I plan to have a simple layout for the ship with a massive hanger centerline of the ship the hanger bay will ether be the sides or the bottom i might decide tomorrow on what i will do from there. i also plan to have large turrets on top side and bottom of the ship. i cant wait to see it finished once im done i will take a picture of it for you all to see im not sure if i want to blue print it till i can be totally sure pirates or trading guild wont be getting a hold of it

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Start
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439964836,1439964776][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Ok thank you i was starting to think i would be going by trial and error
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439964897][/DOUBLEPOST]View attachment 14963
    For any other questions please don't be afarid to ask me.

Screenshots can be taken in game via f5 (with GUI) and with f6 (without GUI) you can find the png file inside the starmade folder.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    Thank you i will be sure to do that will be much easier then awkwardly taking them with my phone

So far i have the skeletal frame floating next to my station with the start of my engines so i can maneuver for more room the nose is turning out as i planned though im planning on adding a sky bridge design

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    For any other questions please don't be afarid to ask me.

Screenshots can be taken in game via f5 (with GUI) and with f6 (without GUI) you can find the png file inside the starmade folder.
    In addition to that pressing tab+g will clear your hud and will make it easier to tell whats on the screen and what's not for an f6 screenshot.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I only got the engines part lo the way done along with a the bottom of the hull some what i have decided to go with the original hanger design that will have 2 large turrets for broadsides and to repel boarding attempts might add more to assist with the protection of that area after that done i will use the fighter in this picture as the main fighter complement and as for the bomber role i still have yet to commit to since the main ship will take up my time
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440046959,1440046903][/DOUBLEPOST] image.jpg
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440047100][/DOUBLEPOST]The vic viper will serve a fighter bomber role in my fleet and i will have it blue printed after i perfected the final model my main focus for it will be speed and enough shields to survive dog fights and missiles with enough weapons to do a lot of damage to enemy fighters and bombers what armor i will deploy for the ones serving under my fleets will have only the best armor available and

Weapon complement
    2 rapid fire cannons with piercing effect or explosive effect.

4 missiles

Shields: classified
    Armor: classified
    Thrust im going for the highest speed
    AI: yes
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440048065][/DOUBLEPOST]I know im probably not the first to build the vic viper but i will definitely make it small enough with fold in wings granted if i can figure out the rail docker to do it

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Those dimensions are probably closer to a cruiser. True titan-class vessels are like 1,000m and are very rare and require extremely skillful and dedicated builders.

Remember that power consumption increases exponentially when you add distinct firing points to a single computer. For example, it costs significantly more power to launch 2x missiles of 50 blocks than to launch a single missile of 100 blocks and even more power to launch 3x missiles of 33 blocks each. This is a major consideration on mid-size ships, ships with large internal hangers, and ships with power-inefficient designs (either due to hull-shape or internal reactor design).

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    Im bordering on a battleship i was thinking of adding thick armor but the ship didnt turn out as i imagined so i am thinking converting it into a carrier instead i was going for a more rounded front but it ended up as a diamond bow im still going to give it armaments but interior wise it will be a carrier with multaple floors and a vehicle/ship store with easy access to hanger am a little disappointed but i will try again but i will try again after the carrier is finished its a pretty vulnerable design
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440132615,1440131087][/DOUBLEPOST]Seems the photo dont want to send it keeps saying its to large
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440133048][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Those dimensions are probably closer to a cruiser. True titan-class vessels are like 1,000m and are very rare and require extremely skillful and dedicated builders.

Remember that power consumption increases exponentially when you add distinct firing points to a single computer. For example, it costs significantly more power to launch 2x missiles of 50 blocks than to launch a single missile of 100 blocks and even more power to launch 3x missiles of 33 blocks each. This is a major consideration on mid-size ships, ships with large internal hangers, and ships with power-inefficient designs (either due to hull-shape or internal reactor design).
    Would using long single lines be an efficient set up for the reactors they wont be touching each other in between the reactors will be ether power capacitors or shields and shield rechargers cause i will use it in future designs

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I have deemed my first attempt at a decent ship a failure im going to ether scrap it or rename it after i repurpose its role in my fleet it will ether be a battle cruiser or a carrier
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440181780,1440181667][/DOUBLEPOST]After i build a battle ship i will get back to work with this ship since i have most of the hull done but i have deemed the design way to vulnerable for close quarter battles

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    Well i have the mkll version down for my capital ship it will be bigger then the current build i am thankful creative was made so new guys like me can have nice things in single player i made a design on paper but bringing it from paper to the real deal is the challenge and thats where the fun is :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    In order to reproduce a hand-drawn design into Starmade, it is highly recommended to develop a proper size relationship. I suggest using gridlined paper and establishing a ratio at which each grid represents a certain metric dimension. This allows for accurate wireframing of the ship's hull. At that point though , you might find yourself struggling between a proper shape and viable equipment, thus there's little limit to how your building technique can be optimised. Do it in the way you'd see fit and expect much more than one design being wasted in the process.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    In order to reproduce a hand-drawn design into Starmade, it is highly recommended to develop a proper size relationship. I suggest using gridlined paper and establishing a ratio at which each grid represents a certain metric dimension. This allows for accurate wireframing of the ship's hull. At that point though , you might find yourself struggling between a proper shape and viable equipment, thus there's little limit to how your building technique can be optimised. Do it in the way you'd see fit and expect much more than one design being wasted in the process.
    Thanks for the advise will use that from now on and on the bright side the i figured out my mistake and am going to take the lessons i learned and apply it to the new ship luckily the ship i messed up on looks like a carrier design almost so im going to have to make sure its fast enough to keep away from most combat
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440342317,1440342169][/DOUBLEPOST]So heres what i was planning this was from a phone game called warship craft and i used paint to mark specific placements
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440342411][/DOUBLEPOST] image.jpg

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I might update the design a bit im working on a better design hopefully this helps the battleship with its role to better suit it

Kojinus

Feline Overlord
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey, went ahead and moved this to the shipyard section of the forums. :)

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I have decided to go with the hanger bay being at the bottom and changed the length to 483
    Width to 77 meters
    Height is changing once i settle on how high the bridgetower will be i will give an accurate description so far the new ship is in skeletal form for now but i am laying out where im going to put the hanger and the bay along with where the bridge will be

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I changed the model up since i lost the original battleship skeleton along with my station and fighter which is a little annoying
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440727828,1440727777][/DOUBLEPOST] image.jpg
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440727903][/DOUBLEPOST] image.jpg
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440727955][/DOUBLEPOST] image.jpg
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440728179][/DOUBLEPOST]I plan to extend the ship to 869 m length
    150 width
    300 height
    Plans not final
    But the planned paint scheme for the exterior will be black
    The interior is set to be orange
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440729097][/DOUBLEPOST]Hanger
    And bridge are going to be blue

Im setting the old design as a cruiser under a yet to be named class