Tanks: Awesome, but Impractical. (War tanks, not Storage tanks.)

If they were added, would Tank Cores be a flop?

• Unfortunately, yes.

Votes: 3 60.0%
    • Well...

Votes: 1 20.0%
    • Actually, I think they'd succeed!

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    (Like the title explains, this is about the war vehicles, not the storage tanks. If you were looking for a thread on the latter, I suggest looking at a different thread.)

Okay, I'm just gonna come right out and say it: I LOVE TANKS:D!!! I love everything about them: Their massive main cannon(s), their machine guns, and their caterpillar tracks for when all else fails. Problem is, in StarMade, there isn't a lot of ground for them to exercise their wheels. Even if they did add a Tank Core, it would only be useful on planets and Space Stations with gravity:(. (If you enter another ship, or in this case, a tank, does it negate Gravity Modules? I never really tried.)

It's not all bad, though. I can still make ships that look and act like tanks. And if anyone asks, I can upload .zips of the pseudo-tanks I made!:))

Am I just being too negative? Or will I just have to cope with flying tanks?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    along time ago there was mention of vehicle cores as well as "Hover blocks". But that was over a year ago on the old website so imagine its no longer planned.

however, if planets get optimized so they can be made even bigger without impacting computer performance then perhaps ground vehicles will make a come back

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The issue that comes to mind is block size, though. If vehicles were implemented, they'd look and behave like turrets with thrusters. To get decent-looking tanks, lorries or simply just cars, they'd have to be on the scale of ships.
    Something like Space Engineers' large ship / small ship block sizes would be the most obvious, albeit not necessarily the most easily available, solution. (Turrets for PD purposes or gunboats would profit from that, too.)

But I think we've been there before, and I don't know if that's worth being brought up again at all. Yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I WANT TANK WARRS, I think you mean land vehicles because just tanks would be boring. civilian transportation is needed too.