Starmade Shipwrights Alliance [SSA]

~1st SSA Contest~

• AKS Tribunus: http://starmadedock.net/content/aks-tribunus-exploration-cruiser.1777/ (MrTargareyan)

Votes: 8 66.7%
    • Alequai Issin: http://starmadedock.net/content/alequai-issin.1809/ (Argocontar)

Votes: 5 41.7%
    • Tortoise Cargo Ship: http://starmadedock.net/content/ldct-al-tortoise-cargo-ship.1812/ (Nauvran))

Votes: 2 16.7%
    • Striker Cargo Transport: http://starmadedock.net/content/striker-cargo-transport.1628/ (EMC007))

• Dream Runner: http://i.imgur.com/7MDOMM6.jpg (Mered4)

Votes: 3 25.0%
    • Gagarin Landing Ship: http://i.imgur.com/rmfJjjY.jpg (Jaaskinal)

• IST Venus http://starmadedock.net/content/ist-venus-ea.1836/ (AAlexandrosTGreat)

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Let's see how long I can avoid being swept up when all around me are consumed

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Let's see how long I can avoid being swept up when all around me are consumed
    Jooooooin ussssssss.... Joooooooooiiiiin ussssssssssss... There is no escape, and you know it.

Reaction score
    Hi, it sounds fun, but would somebody please tell me: what is the difference to just keep posting ships like before?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hi, it sounds fun, but would somebody please tell me: what is the difference to just keep posting ships like before?
    I think one difference i will find handy is instead of spamming chat with pictures of my ship looking for feedback about it. I can instead post it here ONCE and have people look at it and give feedback when they have time.

Reaction score
    Then i will humbly ask for admission.
    My style consists mostly of black and grey with little sparkles of cristall (ok... i use a lot of cristall...)
    Qualities: i built a lot of ships and i hope every generation gets a little bit better.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I'm not going to join, but I am going to spam you all with pictures and such, muahaahaha!

Two recent additions are the Ezekiel and the Mandrake

I shall not be putting up a download of the Ezekiel for the moment, as variants of it are added as prizes to Toombu's titan competition and it would not be right to release it before the winners get their special ships.

Mandrake II Tugboat:
    It was a necessity to shove ships around from people who parked badly around supernova Shipyard, it's got push, pull and stop beams for this purpose. It will server more fully later on (and bigger tugboats will probably be needed) once the matter furnace is online, so impounded ships and asteroids can be shoved into it for molecular disassembly
    Exact specs: HERE

Ezekiel Cruiser
    A sort of experiment in both ship design and function led to the Ezekiel, It looks and handles like a fighter (though a bit slower than the average, naturally) with foreward firing gatling cannons and a cluster missile launcher that fires downward, so the idea is to strafe a target then fire the missiles just as you fly over them for maximum effect
    Exact specs: HERE

SSDF Version

General Version (not currently available, as state above, though players who play on Ragnarok Galaxy can pick it up from Supernova)

Bronze Version, For contest prize

Gold Version, For Overall winner

Last edited:

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I must join

Username: EMC007

Pref style: I mainly build in black.

Qualities: I'm good at adding detail to hull and extremely powerful weapons.

Weaknesses (just cause): I'm not good at interiors. I also only do original builds as I'm not good at building things based off of pictures.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    - Username: Top4ce

- Preferred style(s): Homeworld, realistic, hard sci-fi

- Qualities: Complex concept designs, realism, details, interior, exterior, logic, small craft

-Drawbacks: Not good at building big because I don't build fast

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    - Username: Twylite_Fang
    - Preferred style(s): Roleplay and aesthetic systematics (Allowing certain parts of core systems to be visible in such a way that it has aesthetic appeal. Example: Part of a jump drive system with glass in front, to look like a cascading water feature.)
    - Qualities: Not really sure. I like to be honest :D For example, if I think that a build has been poorly done, I will state that in *my* opinion it is a poor build, but also point out the elements that lower my opinion of it xD

~Twylite Fang

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    -Username: Creeper__God
    Preferred style(s): Build a shell --> put raised hull plates --> detail --> build interior --> forget about it for 3 months --> find in some random sector on my build server --> fill with systems --> release --> :)
    Qualities: General interior, general exterior, fancy shapes, logic (kind of), patience, building a shell for a new ship in about an hour or 2.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    D

Deleted member 301635

Viewing all the ships on this thread makes me feel envious of other people's building skills.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    - Username: MrTargareyan
    - Preferred style(s): light coloured white and green An'Kator designs, with a mass produced / blocky primitive look to them; and dark evil looking designs, like TE ships.
    - Qualities:
    Role play (building the ships, not doing the actual in character stuff)
    General exterior/simple design
    Building ships with a severe case of the "angles" (Where something looks good from one or 2 directions, while looking like a whale had a child with a goldfish and ate a brick from all other directions)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Building ships with a severe case of the "angles" (Where something looks good from one or 2 directions, while looking like a whale had a child with a goldfish and ate a brick from all other directions)
    this sums up most of my ships pretty well :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Say 'hello' to Vanguard, a point defence support ship designed to fend off incoming missiles for an entire fleet!

(Second-generation fleet defence vessel shown here)

History:
    Among the first of its kind, the Vanguard was originally designed as an assault vessel. Punching holes in its enemies using the 20 top-firing depleted nuclear homing warheads and tearing through shields with it's Ion charged cannon rounds. It was deemed too slow and heavy for any real combat, so instead it was fitted with dozens of point defence turrets and re-purposed for fleet protection.

After being in service for nearly 80 years, the ship was de-commissioned. Making way for a new era of jump-capable ships. The ship was overhauled, replacing the external shield generators and engineering with a cargo hold, stripped of its ship-mounted weapons and sold to the public. It is popular amongst traders and pirates alike.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Since the ship-posting has now officially started, allow me to hop in with my latest ship(s).

My current build, a pirate vessel for the server Ragnarok Galaxy, has quite some innovative features; such as automated broadsiders, yum.

My last finished build, a small and cozy exploration frigate, with a full interior and other small little gimmicks. It's a fun little ship, if I may say so myself.

Download Link: http://starmadedock.net/content/wanderer-ef51-exploration-frigate.1536/

Reaction score
    I would like to join aswell.

Username: Lord Daro

Style: Mainly White Hulls and extensive interiors wich are suppost to give a somewhat realistic feeling.
    Some ship's stats actually suffer a lot from to much corridors and rooms. I just excuse that with the technological Level of my fictional empire.

Qualities: I like to explore the technological possibilities within the game (I experiment especially a lot with docked modules)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Name: Mortiferum.
    Style: Dunno yet - currently focusing on ships from a DS game called "Infinite Space"

Qualities: N/A - Amateur builder only xD

Maybe basic systems

PS: I do have focus on min/Max stats due to PVP reasons, however, this does not mean I will EVER build a doom cube as it is simply fun killing and a bad way to be an ass... though my bad ship building techniques often lead to unintentional rectangles :(

Reaction score
    Since the ship-posting has now officially started, allow me to hop in with my latest ship(s).

]My current build, a pirate vessel for the server Ragnarok Galaxy, has quite some innovative features; such as automated broadsiders, yum.
    [/SPOILER]
    Nice ship, automated broadsides are so good.