StarMade 0.18 - A new Universe

Reaction score
    Bumping this because the Stone Legions test server is also having difficulty.
    ok, just made a new thread in the game support section for this, i think shops may not be spawning in a new universe.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    1.8 feels a lot more polished than the dev update. You made the right choice with simple curves for orbits in addition to the sector blocks. The randomized star names are a really nice touch by the way. I don't know why but it just makes me incredibly giddy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well now salvage beams take an ungodly amount of power. With a salvage-missile system it took 3 million power and without missiles took 1 million. This is on a 5k mass ship.
    You want ores and such a great way to get them now is to claim a system and just go mine the planet or asteroid on foot. You get a bonus for being on foot and another one for owning the system. I think they nerfed the mining lasers to cut down on the world eating because it was getting pretty out of hand.

Reaction score
    Well now salvage beams take an ungodly amount of power. With a salvage-missile system it took 3 million power and without missiles took 1 million. This is on a 5k mass ship.

Edit: Just tested, each salvage module uses 500 power. I personally think this is way too much, It was fine before if you ask me.
    Completely agree on this
    How are we supposed to use a factory system that relies on salvaging so much when salvaging is basically impossible with this change?
    Salvage cannons aren't even an offensive weapon. I don't see why they should require much power at all, let alone 500 per block.[DOUBLEPOST=1415258257,1415258132][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You want ores and such a great way to get them now is to claim a system and just go mine the planet or asteroid on foot. You get a bonus for being on foot and another one for owning the system. I think they nerfed the mining lasers to cut down on the world eating because it was getting pretty out of hand.
    You've obviously never used the factory system...
    It requires mining an entire planet side just to get enough ore for about 5000 shield rechargers (that is assuming that side has both of the ore types required)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Why does this remind me of the mine craft 1.7 update, just way better

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Completely agree on this
    How are we supposed to use a factory system that relies on salvaging so much when salvaging is basically impossible with this change?
    Salvage cannons aren't even an offensive weapon. I don't see why they should require much power at all, let alone 500 per block.
    You've obviously never used the factory system...
    It requires mining an entire planet side just to get enough ore for about 5000 shield rechargers (that is assuming that side has both of the ore types required)
    And you've obviously never tried the claimed system bonus. It seriously is a lot, and with the larger amounts of asteroids, they are just foing to have to be your income. And yes, I have used the crafting system before.

Wait... They require 500 per block?

Edit: It's probably just temporary. There is a slavage damage value that should nerf the salvage - cannon combination. I'm sure that once that gets implemented the power will go down (the current requirements obviously are either a bug or based on the salvage - cannon combination).

Reaction score
    Edit: It's probably just temporary. There is a slavage damage value that should nerf the salvage - cannon combination. I'm sure that once that gets implemented the power will go down (the current requirements obviously are either a bug or based on the salvage - cannon combination).
    This nerfs salvage effectiveness far more than to 1/6 its original value
    I have (had) a salvager with a modest 200-cannon array which could mine a planet side in about 40 minutes. It now requires 12.5 million e/sec just to run those salvage cannons, which is pretty much impossible on a small salvager like that
    The salvager + amc combo has and has never had an advantage over just salvage cannons of the same size

Reaction score
    REJOICE, PEASANTS! -Promesberger, nov 2014 (translated from German)

Nice update, I'm guessing next up we're going to be implementing the new shops, stations and improvements for the AI system, right?

GL to the schine team.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I think the reason everything is not spawning like shops and stations is so you don't reset your universe again when they come out or something?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I am guessing mining in a neutral sector gives you regular amounts of ore?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    It does indeed. But the first systen is free, so just claim one.
    Yeah I know the first is free, just wanted to know if say a planet I wanted to mine was outside of my facs territory I would only get regular amounts of ore from mining.

Reaction score
    Well, this update seems awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing how it effects the game!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not sure if it's changed but damage beams use 250 E per module as well.
    That is a bug. It is supposed to be based on damage. I'd post a thread in the game support section if I were you. If you don't want to, I'll be more than happy to do it myslef after I've done the proper testing (I need to see it for myself to explain it peoperly).