Small Ship Competition!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Missile + slaved Damage Pulse = 1 shot kill for ships this size
    See, that's not the point. I know these are tin cans. Scratch that, really ruddy tiny tin cans. The point of this topic is a design competition, not you talking about their viability. If you do not have a ship to enter, or a constructive or supportive comment to make, please leave.[DOUBLEPOST=1410566204,1410566006][/DOUBLEPOST]I will be creating a space station to park these ships in. I also have some plans for a bomber competition, to do with flying a set course and shooting at a target. Should be interesting[DOUBLEPOST=1410566391][/DOUBLEPOST]
    My First entry for class II not sure if I like it, to be honest I dont normally build small ships so this is nice practise.
    Entry form:
    Class II
    Name sF-11
    Size LHW- 11/7/11
    Download is here.
    Erm...
    The download link is broken on my end. Care to see what the problem is?

Reaction score
    Erm...
    Its still not approved by the moderators even though I posted it yesterday, you know what I'll just use mediafire here is another link.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    See, that's not the point. I know these are tin cans. Scratch that, really ruddy tiny tin cans. The point of this topic is a design competition, not you talking about their viability. If you do not have a ship to enter, or a constructive or supportive comment to make, please leave.[DOUBLEPOST=1410566204,1410566006][/DOUBLEPOST]I will be creating a space station to park these ships in. I also have some plans for a bomber competition, to do with flying a set course and shooting at a target. Should be interesting[DOUBLEPOST=1410566391][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Erm...
    I believe you have me misunderstood. I was bringing it to your attention, not to belittle your thread, but to perhaps allow you to setup restrictions or limits. I guess I should have made it more clear.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    nope, damage pulse does not become that big on this scale - however explosive effect does
    Linking merely 1 Missile Module and 1 Damage Pulse Module together does 900 damage with an explosive effect of 40 blocks. Unless you stack enough shields to absorb the hit, ships of this size will be extremely crippled, if not decimated, in 1 one hit. All I was implying is that the OP regulate this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Linking merely 1 Missile Module and 1 Damage Pulse Module together does 900 damage with an explosive effect of 40 blocks. Unless you stack enough shields to absorb the hit, ships of this size will be extremely crippled, if not decimated, in 1 one hit. All I was implying is that the OP regulate this.
    That's what you have piloting skill for.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Personally I'm more a survival enthusiast, so let me present the salvage vessel Forager 1. ;)
    Since in my opinion a ship should always be able to be entered and have an inside, a class III is the smallest I can muster. It's 13x6x9, has four salvage canons and two canon arrays where one can either be linked to the salvage computer, or the other canon computer in case of trouble.

Greets,

Jan

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yes, good luck hitting such a nimble target with a super super super slow missile. Hint: you can't.

I people want to use this that they can, but they'll never be able to hit their target (which can accelerate and go much faster than the missile, by the way).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yes, good luck hitting such a nimble target with a super super super slow missile. Hint: you can't.

I people want to use this that they can, but they'll never be able to hit their target (which can accelerate and go much faster than the missile, by the way).
    The missile's speed is dependant upon the server's maximum thrust speed setting. (higher max thrust speed = higher missile speed) Missiles have an absurbly fast turn speed, to be quite honest. But, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The missile's speed is dependant upon the server's maximum thrust speed. To be quite honest, missiles have an absurbly fast turn speed. But, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Even so, missiles-pulse have half (or similar, can't remember) the speed of the server's max speed , no matter what that speed is. So it's extremely easy to evade such slow missiles, especially with ships designed to be nimble and fast.

So no, I'm not stating my opinion, I'm stating facts. But sure, go ahead, dismiss it as some random nub's advice and just see how it turns out.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Even so, missiles-pulse have half (or similar, can't remember) the speed of the server's max speed , no matter what that speed is. So it's extremely easy to evade such slow missiles, especially with ships designed to be nimble and fast.

So no, I'm not stating my opinion, I'm stating facts. But sure, go ahead, dismiss it as some random nub's advice and just see how it turns out.
    I don't ever recall calling you a "nub." But, if you are that self-inclined to to do so, then so be it. I never planned on participating in this competition, but merely wanted to inform the competition host of a game mechanic that can 1 shot ships by using only 4 weapon blocks.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I don't ever recall calling you a "nub." But, if you are that self-inclined to to do so, then so be it. I never planned on participating in this competition, but merely wanted to inform the competition host of a game mechanic that can 1 shot ships by using only 4 weapon blocks.
    It was just that "everyone is entitled to their opinion" part that ticked me off. Besides, I just proved with facts that the weapon you described doesn't work so well in practice.

Reaction score
    Syleiel do you know what will be in the next update? Destructible missiles! And with the speed torpedoes have, I think one should have enought time to shoot em down.