Skin request thread.

Reaction score
    Actually i'm working on a insectoid skin based on the "Quad"-Creature-texture one can find in the files of starmade but i don't think it will fit your request.
    However i want to ask:
    Is this how you would imagine a insectoid's head to look like?
    looks good. i would add pincers (but that's my personal preference and isn't a problem with yours per say) and perhaps remove an eye or two so it looks less like a spider. the rest of an insects head is usually very plain anyway so that part seems good to me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not sure if this fits will the topic here but is there a way to view the texture on the player without logging to people into the game. Or view it on the model outside of the game.

Reaction score
    You must be very busy, but if you could check this out and make a skin based on this sketch, that would be super cool of you. Sorry that it's so huge, it didn't want to format properly. Skin concept.jpg

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You must be very busy, but if you could check this out and make a skin based on this sketch, that would be super cool of you. Sorry that it's so huge, it didn't want to format properly.
    That's a nice sketch you have there! I could try to do that skin but i can't promise anything at all...

The Main Skin: Looks really nice but i think the harderst part of texturing it would be the "Jetpack thing"
    The Helmet: Coincidentally i have made some glass helmets based on the regular helmet

The Gun: One can actually retexture the defautl gun model.
    The "display with buttons glowing": I think the best for this would be the fabricator (The tool the player has on his right arm when he has a block selected. That can also be retextured.

Reaction score
    That's a nice sketch you have there! I could try to do that skin but i can't promise anything at all...

The Main Skin: Looks really nice but i think the harderst part of texturing it would be the "Jetpack thing"
    The Helmet: Coincidentally i have made some glass helmets based on the regular helmet

The Gun: One can actually retexture the defautl gun model.
    The "display with buttons glowing": I think the best for this would be the fabricator (The tool the player has on his right arm when he has a block selected. That can also be retextured.
    Thanks for your input, man! I think that helmet would be perfect. When i said "displays and buttons glowing" I mean all the displays and buttons, like with an emission file. I've never used one before, and I'm not sure how it works, so if you don't want to or can't do it that's fine.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Thanks for your input, man! I think that helmet would be perfect. When i said "displays and buttons glowing" I mean all the displays and buttons, like with an emission file. I've never used one before, and I'm not sure how it works, so if you don't want to or can't do it that's fine.
    The emission file can be best described as having a black piece of paper you stick over your skin. Everywhere you paint white (or in this case "cut-out") glows; so if you have a white pixel from the emissions file in the same place as a yellow pixel on a skin file, that sole pixel will glow, in this case yellow, allowing you to have the glow be any color you wish. The only tricky part is making sure that the place you want the glow to be and the place it is on the emissions file match, otherwise you end up with glow in parts it should not be.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like a unique skin for my character. He is a human cyborg whose face appears mostly normal on the outside except for his eyes and a small sensor next to and below his left eye. He wears what appears to be a dark grey powered armorsuit with a transparent visor resembling that of Samus Aran's powersuit but bluish in color. Here are some images for inspiration.

The face should look similar to this character but younger, less sinister and without built-in sunglasses
    http://static4.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_kubrick/mig/9/0/8/4/2279084-DeusEx_48000_screen.jpg

Please use this armor and the image above as inspiration for the body and helmet. My armor need not resemble either, but I would like a general feel somewhere in between.
    http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140819230827/metroid/images/3/34/GFtrooper_trio.png

I'd like my eyes to look similar to this (including a glow effect)
    http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608018553080578928&pid=15.1&H=98&W=160

EDIT: I've made my own skin, a derivative of the Commander Shepherd skin available on the starmade website. While I'm no good at creating skins from scratch, I can certainly edit them.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'd like to ask for a Doctor skin sort. Any of your style to make it, a basic white lab suit and such. Change the face as well to a brown bearded guy with brown hair. If you could do that it would be very swell ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    there are some skins i would love to see in starmade mostly because how much i love startrek and what kind of ships i use
    1) captain sulu skin as seen in star trek 6 the undiscovered country when he captains the USS Excelsior NCC-2000 since he is cool and i have not seen a skin of that time zone yet
    2) some klingon skins sure there may not be many klingon fans or vessels instar made but still who could argue with say worf or martok they would be awesome to see in starmade
    3) old spock not the new JJ spock the Leonard Nimoy one since his overwhelming logic and he is cool and has anyone else seen a vulcan in starmade because i have not yet
    these are just some ideas and some people like star trek so live long and prosper

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I would like to submit a request for a skin based on the images below. I apologize for their blocky/blurred nature but the game they're taken from is a bit dated. I intend to use the skin as a faction uniform/personal skin. I've made a couple of skins in the past but I would like to have something with a more professional touch. Also, there's no visible helmet in the images but just changing the color on the standard helmet would be sufficient, unless you want to add a personal touch.

Sidenote: I'm a male player and all of these images are a female character model, I'd like to request that the skin isn't a female suit.

Thank you in advance and have fun making it! :D

Reaction score
    Personally, I'd want someone to help/finish for me my current WIP, THE STIG!.

In sci-fi skin form!

I can upload that sh** if anyone wants, it sucks, but y'know. It'd be fun to release it into ze vild for all of starmade-kind to enjoy.

Reaction score
    If someone would like to make a skin for me, I'd like either a Cyberman from Dr. Who or a Man of Metal (the black robot in my forum avatar, which was clipped from a still from the movie Lightyears a.k.a. Gandahar. Great movie. Available free on youtube if you haven't seen it).

If Cyberman ... Could the Cyberman's "handle bars" on his head be part of the helmet so that they could be worn or removed as one preferred?

If Man of Metal ... Could his helmet be a gold crown?

I would happily credit whoever makes either of these for me in my forum signature and use a screenshot of the skin being used in game as my forum avatar. :)

Reaction score
    i would be grateful for a deadpool skin, maybe make the helmet his mask and the head his scarred head

Reaction score
    and now for anyone who likes it i also made a deadpool weapon x costume and am in the process of making a Bob agent of hydra costume, i will be looking into makeing a bill A.I.M. agent costume but idk i would need to find more pics of him first