Sitting/Entering Core Tip

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Hey everybody,

So I imagine some of you are already aware of this, but for those who aren't I wanted to make it known.

Let's say you have a fighter, in the cockpit you have a wedge for a seat, and above and behind that is your core. If you sit on the wedge (using O) and look back at the core you can enter it. The nice trick with this though, is that when you get OUT of the core, you will still be sitting on the wedge. So if you pop out of your ship when you exit your core, just sit in your ship before you enter and you'll exit to that exact spot.

Something you may not know though, which I just found out the other night, is that this also works with Tab+F8 (Admin/SP command to remotely enter core). So if you have a capital ship, and you're in singleplayer, or an admin, you can sit in your bridge, select your ships core, Tab+F8 and be back to sitting in your bridge when you exit the core.

The more you know. :)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I mentioned this in a video I recorded but never actually uploaded... It works great for build blocks as those things are horrible at letting you exit where you entered (at least on planets)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I actually use this trick on most of my builds nowadays. Hopefully there will be remote access in other ways for non admins in the future but for now it's a really nice way to do things.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    /O O\
    --------

|____| <------ My jaw (sorry for the shitty asii art)