Ship movement output logic block (cooler than it sounds)

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I suggest adding a directional block that would output a logic signal if an appropriate movement key is pressed, for example, if the ship movement output block is facing forwards, everytime you would accelerate forwards by pressing W, the block would activate. This could be useful when making fancy fake RCS thrusters or easier to operate VTOL engines that wouldn't require you to use your hotbar, only the E (up) key.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Honestly, why not allow us to set hotkeys to activate logic while piloting? You could have your 'press W for zoom effect', as well as 'press Y to deploy drones' (I know you can do that with hotbar logic blocks now, but I like hotkeys).

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Honestly, why not allow us to set hotkeys to activate logic while piloting? You could have your 'press W for zoom effect', as well as 'press Y to deploy drones' (I know you can do that with hotbar logic blocks now, but I like hotkeys).

EDIT Nevermind, I misunderstood you a bit, sorry :p

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like your idea, i actually suggested something simmilar in the Council thread, make all computers output a signal when they are in use, together with thrusters....

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I would aboslutely enjoy this. Naming is aways subjective but we should call it an accelerometer block.