Setting Faction Home Base as Admin with a console command.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    In my struggle to create a custom spawn i have come to a point that needs the ability to set a faction Home Base as Admin.

I load a space station that i want to use as the spawn. You can shoot it and salvage it. Fail.

So i set the sector to protected. Now you can't shoot the station but you can still salvage it. Fail.

Info on the command calls for the use of the word + protect but it should be + protected. Using + protect results in a Fail.

DESCRIPTION: Changes the sector mode: example '/sector_chmod 8 8 8 + peace', available modes are 'peace'(no enemy spawn), 'protect'(no attacking possible)

PARAMETERS: SectorX(Integer), SectorY(Integer), SectorZ(Integer), +/-(String), peace/protect/noenter/noexit/noindications/nofploss(String)

EXAMPLE: /sector_chmod 10 12 15 + noenter

The idea is that the spawn will retaliate at anyone who tries to mess with it. So i give the station to the Trading Guild.

Now i can shoot the station. Fail. But not salvage it any more as i am not a member of the Trading Guild.

So i think what if i make the spawn station the Tradings Guilds Home Base. Then it would be invulnerable. You can't shoot and hurt it and you can't salvage it. Win!

But i can't access the Faction module. This is why i need a console command like:

/faction_entity_homebase true/false

And if it where to act like a shop then spawn would have attitude! You mess with it and it will kill you and call forth the troops. Because of the unik setting of the Trading Guild being Always neutral. Hostility would sees at your dead, relog or if you ignore it for some time.

Starmade would be the only game that i know of where spawn can take care of it self!

Another nice bonus would be that users creating ships could test out there creation/frustration on spawn. And end up with no ship and a nice close up look of there undeathinator or spawn it self now being neutral again.

You don't even need to protect the zone. If you do the station would never retaliate as you can't hurt it. The only reason to protect the zone would be to stop players from killing other players and spawn camping.

Reactions: the guyver

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You can use admin commands to create a new faction. Giving said faction a negative factionID will make it an AI faction. Use admin commands to join the AI faction, set the station as homebase, use admin commands to boot yourself from the faction.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Use admin commands to join the AI faction
    Made a faction with id. -3 If i select myself and do:

/faction_set_entity -3

Then the server says i am part of the faction.
    But when i try to put down a buildblock on the station. It says access denied your not in the faction.

If i use /faction_mod_member then the server also says i'm not part of the faction.

Same goes for -2 witch is the Trade Guild.

And i really would like the Trade Guild to have a HQ and that HQ beeing spawn. It at least to me personal makes sense that the Trade Guilds HQ is spawn. The way they exist in the game makes them highly suited for that role.

You can use admin commands to create a new faction. Giving said faction a negative factionID will make it an AI faction. Use admin commands to join the AI faction, set the station as homebase, use admin commands to boot yourself from the faction.
    All that could be done with a new command like:

It's a proposal an idea it would be great for things to be made simple.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Made a faction with id. -3 If i select myself and do:

/faction_set_entity -3

Then the server says i am part of the faction.
    But when i try to put down a buildblock on the station. It says access denied your not in the faction.

If i use /faction_mod_member then the server also says i'm not part of the faction.

Same goes for -2 witch is the Trade Guild.

And i really would like the Trade Guild to have a HQ and that HQ beeing spawn. It at least to me personal makes sense that the Trade Guilds HQ is spawn. The way they exist in the game makes them highly suited for that role.

All that could be done with a new command like:

It's a proposal an idea it would be great for things to be made simple.
    I could have sworn that used to work.

Anyway, you could use a dummy account to be owner of the station, as well as having it as faction homebase.

I'm not saying this shouldn't be added, I'd like it to be. I'm saying you CAN already work around the issue.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There seems to a bug with custom npc factions at the moment. They are created as public so you can just join without admin commands, but if you leave it, it deletes the faction (same as regular factions) so you need to make an alt to remain in the faction