Server reset

Reaction score
    Hi. Me and my friends have been playing on my dedicated server for a while and everything was fine. Then it was time to update, I did so through the launcher, made a backup of server-database and now, the server is back to nothing. As if we just started a new server. I tried to put back the old server-database but to no avail. Any idea of what happened/how to fix that?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    that is a comparability issue with the new stations, see now the maps have been altered in a similar way as when the new universe came in, it changed the generation map code, so the only fix for you is start over.

Sorry but that's just how it is.

Reaction score
    To the OP, I'm not sure what the problem is or how to fix it but I'm pretty sure what RoyalWolfe said is completely wrong.

Reaction score
    I agree with Jimmy, that wouldn't make sense. Anybody else have any idea on what to do/help me?

Reaction score
    As far as I'm informed you should be able to play in old universes. Running only dedicated servers the procedure for me is very easy. Backup the server-database folder before you do changes (launcher does that for me for the most part when it comes to updates) and copy it to it's old place as soon as the update is finished. I always suggest using a different SM installation for the client and server - just to make sure.

If I were you I would try the follwoing:
    1. Create a new copy of SM - fresh from the installer on the website.
    2. Let it download the clientfiles
    3. Put in you backup of the server-database
    4. Try to start the dedicated server
    Verify that there are contents that appear to be correct in you database folder (e.g. look for ship names you've used etc.).

Btw. using an old univers means that you cannot use all new features. In some instances a fresh start is recommended. You can take your ships with you by saving blueprints.

Reactions: JimmyJamba