Schine Job Opening: Web Developer

Reaction score
    Schine is growing! We are looking to add a new web developer to our team. We are posting this here first because we'd prefer to have someone who's already engaged in the community.

This position would be responsible for developing and maintaining the core web infrastructure and code that runs StarMade. The StarMade web stack consists of Ruby, NodeJS and Go code. We also make extensive use of PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, and Cassandra.

The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the following:

Required Knowledge
    • HTML / CSS / JavaScript ( and how to write them in a standards compliant manner)
    • Ruby / Rails
    • JavaScript (CoffeeScript)
    • Transact-SQL (PostgreSQL)
    • Redis
    • Linux (Debian based)
    Ideal Knowledge
    • Docker
    • Mesos / Marathon / Chronos
    • Cassandra
    • DynamoDB
    If you feel that you are qualified for this job, I'd love to hear from you! Send me a PM and I'll schedule a time to do an interview with you. Compensation will be based on qualifications.

For legal reasons, you must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this position.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't know what any of that is, but if you guys, for whatever reason, need an air traffic controller, I have already written a resume by copy and pasting mine onto some display blocks.

Reaction score
    I know how to make a mean microwaved Lasagna. Company cook position a possibility?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So sad that from list I only know first requirment (HTML/CSS/JS). Tell me if You will need someone with only these skills + graphics or if You will not find anyone suitable for this job.

BTW it would be good to write in main post is it full-time job, is it payed job etc.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'd recommend learning ruby/rails if you have the free time. It's kind of fun and very programmer friendly. I have no idea what Transact-SQL or Redis is though. Going to have to see what those are about. On the bright side you know what they are looking for if the position ever comes up again in the future.

Reaction score
    Dawg, I have all of the above except Rails. Never got into that. (Much prefer Node.js+Express+Custom middleware)
    Ah well, I don't have enough time either.

Reaction score
    Schine is growing! We are looking to add a new web developer to our team. We are posting this here first because we'd prefer to have someone who's already engaged in the community.

This position would be responsible for developing and maintaining the core web infrastructure and code that runs StarMade. The StarMade web stack consists of Ruby, NodeJS and Go code. We also make extensive use of PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, and Cassandra.

The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the following:

Required Knowledge
    • HTML / CSS / JavaScript ( and how to write them in a standards compliant manner)
    • Ruby / Rails
    • JavaScript (CoffeeScript)
    • Transact-SQL (PostgreSQL)
    • Redis
    • Linux (Debian based)
    Ideal Knowledge
    • Docker
    • Mesos / Marathon / Chronos
    • Cassandra
    • DynamoDB
    If you feel that you are qualified for this job, I'd love to hear from you! Send me a PM and I'll schedule a time to do an interview with you. Compensation will be based on qualifications.

For legal reasons, you must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this position.
    Schema, is this an offer for remote work? Or on-site? If on-site, where is it? Thanks!

Reaction score
    Thanks! I will post this link in the facebook page of my university. :)

Reaction score
    Good luck with the search. I have a pretty sweet gig now, and I abhor Coffeescript or I'd definitely throw my hat in.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    OMG I qualify for this job, I love using Ruby on Rails over my Php background. But I'm not allow to apply because I already have a full time job. Sad... :(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    It is remote work.
    You guys better be prepared to be paying out more than 40k a year/20 dollars an hour for that kind of experience, and if you are doing full time, if you want anybody quality you're going to have to offer a lot more than that. Additionally I get the impression the people who are going to apply for this position aren't going to be veterans, so you are going to have high turnover whether you like it or not unless you guys start getting minecraft money and are able to offer an incredible salary to the individual who applies if they start thinking about leaving. If you guys can afford it then good on you, and I hope you can, but I hope you know what you guys are looking at in terms of salary.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    OMG I qualify for this job, I love using Ruby on Rails over my Php background. But I'm not allow to apply because I already have a full time job. Sad... :(
    Its called stepping up the career stones bro.

U scared? xD

Reaction score
    I feel I am qualified but whether or not I apply depends on a few things.

What are your expectations,
    how much its going to pay,
    and how much time I will be dedicating to this.

I am open for discussion [email protected]

Reaction score
    I feel I am qualified but whether or not I apply depends on a few things.

What are your expectations,
    how much its going to pay,
    and how much time I will be dedicating to this.

I am open for discussion [email protected]
    Expectations are between 15-25 hours a week; Pay depends on qualifications.

calani

Dreaming of Sushi ~
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Is this position still open? I feel decently qualified for it, and it fits my needs well, too.