SATURN Shipyards -- Creativity to the Max!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Good news, folks! o/

We have resolved the config problem at last! This means that we now have increased sector sizes, increased build area dimensions and unnecessary words to add to this sentence to make our success appear even more significant!
    It was no bug, as I had falsely expected, but an error in the server control panel. Silly CP, y u so superficial.

Please excuse the horrific delay, but at least the universe need not be reset. Step right in again and enjoy.
    Fly safe, pilots.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hi there. I hope a Youtube speedbuild vid is applicable for showcasing work as well as screencaps? I ask because I am in the process of editing a Starmade SpeedBuild vid (Funilly enough, huh? I know, You never would have guessed! XD) Anywhoo, I will have the vid up soon, and hope to use it as my application later on. Just checking to make sure I can do that.

EDIT:

Oh, also, what's the sector size and speed limit? (I don't mind too much, but I like to fly round and look at other people's stuff too, so hopefully they aren't too large or too slow.)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Aha, finally! Looks like it's time to fit the Amberspire with the turrets again. ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hi there. I hope a Youtube speedbuild vid is applicable for showcasing work as well as screencaps?
    That's perfectly fine, it even distincts you from the rest. Looking forward to it.

Oh, also, what's the sector size and speed limit?
    5000 and 450 respectively. These aren't final, but I thought they might be viable until players give some feedback.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    IGN: Deathsoul097
    Faction (optional): Freelance (None)
    Timezone / Nationality: UTC + 12, New Zealand. (But i'm actually English.)
    Pictures of completed work
    *:
    Reasons to apply: I want to be part of a build server, or at least a server that is safe enough and has resources readily available for me to build.
    Extra information
    : Nothing much, I guess. Well, I wont be online 24/7 or anything.

Reactions: SkullCollector
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thank you! I look forward to playing!

EDIT:

Okay, put simply, Im stuck in spawn. Logic blocks aren't working, and I cant actually do anything because Im not factioned. So yeah. Im stuck. All the doors but two are locked, and They don't lead anywhere useful. Can anyone help me?

EDIT EDIT:

Oh, Turns out the Logic blocks being stuck was a bug with 0.159, and 0.1591 fixes it. Yay.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hello there, folks.

I've got two quick questions for you:

1. Would you use a TS3 server if we were to host one? It would not be SATURN-exclusive (i.e., non-whitelisted can be invited to it as well) and might bring some life to what we feel should be a community again.

2. What would you think about (semi-)regular building contests? The idea was brought up during a discussion of possible new pirate ships and I quite like it.

---

Also a quick update regarding the server status:
    Every issue has been resolved, including the inaccessible spawn station. I somehow forgot to reply to Deathsoul's post here, it felt like it should be said.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    IGN: Admiralkio
    Faction (optional): N/A
    Timezone / Nationality: USA/East Coast.
    Pictures of completed work:
    1 http://imgur.com/a/L6CiF
    Reasons to apply: Building stuff.
    Extra information:
    ² Nope.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You have been accepted! ... again?
    I thought you'd already applied on May 15, with the IGN of Taryn_Kerian. Which of these can I expect to see?

Anyway, enjoy your stay. Both your ingame names are now whitelisted, but one will be removed as soon as I know which one you are going to use.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I had applied? I had no clue! Sorry, im going to use Admiralkio.
    EDIT: Im not sure how to ask, could i get admin permissions to spawn items and stuff in...?
    If not then just ignore this.

Reaction score
    Adamf101, You are accepted! As of this mesage you have been whitelisted, the IP is 5.9.54.13:4242 and your friend can help you get everything together,

Reaction score
    I'd use the Teamspeak, be cool to say what's up to everyone without even needing to log in.

Organized events would be pretty sweet to. Maybe even some just-for-fun battles with a theme? :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sooo apparently we've got a TS3 server now.

Everyone, by this I mean bloody everyone, can get on and hang out with us. Join some time and have a talk, or just take a look at what's going on.
    Max clients are currently set to 50, but this can be increased as demand demands. If ever, as that's about the size of the SM community...

IP: 5.9.54.13:13000

It's very fresh, but it should run and work just fine. If you encounter any problems, please let me know.
    Have fun with yet another addition to SATURN!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Okay, that's cool, but I know nothing about TeamSpeak. How does It work? How do I get it or use it?

Reaction score
    Okay, that's cool, but I know nothing about TeamSpeak. How does It work? How do I get it or use it?
    Hello, i hope this will help you and any others understand what Teamspeak 3 is/does and how to use it.

Basically Teamspeak 3 is a service that is used to allow you and anyone with the correct IP to talk via microphone, in our TS3 server there are many 'rooms' for you to choose from, 'The Pub' or general chat is for literally anything you want to talk about, then we have Starmade only chats, faction chats and soon many more, The next steps will help you get set up using Ts3.

1. Download TS3 from there website using the correct version for your computer (Windows, Mac ect.) - Download links here
    2. Once your download has completed open her up and follow the in-application instructions.
    3. After completing up all of the instructions and choosing your TS3 'player name' you should arrive at a blank page with a toolbar at the top.
    4. In the tool bar hit 'Connections' -> 'Connect'
    5. Where it says 'Server Address' type in - 5.9.54.13:13000 - and make sure your name is entered in the box below it, once completed hit 'Connect'
    6. If the connection is achieve you will be placed into our Entry Area, simply pick a room by double clicking and you will be sent there to talk with anyone inside.

I hope this is useful for everyone and as Skull said earlier literally anyone, even those not in our servers whitelist, can use this TS3 server.

Give myself or Skull a shout if you have any issues, Cheers!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3

So this is a thing now.

It's finally finished after two weeks with a lot of interruptions. /bashing_Dan
    All in all it consumed around 15 hours of work from both Dan and myself. It sits right next to the spawn station anchored to the factory building; or rather, the factory building is anchored to this ~500 m behemoth.

Reaction score
    Greetings, folks!

SATURN Shipyards started in Q3 of 2013 under DanClarke's faction's flag and slowly but steadily made its way to the top list of StarMade build servers. The community consisted of marvellous chaps from all over the world, and it was a true community indeed. There were no internal political conflicts, rendering the server a peaceful place to be.
    Until, a few months ago, we disappeared without a trace. The server went offline, the website... well, we don't speak of the website.

But now, we're back!
    And with your help, we can return to the former glory of the days of old. All of you who once were on the whitelist still are, so there is no need to re-apply -- just step in again like you did before!

-----

SATURN is meant to offer space for the creative mind to toy with concepts of all kinds, while equally being able to exchange ideas and generally have fun with the other players.
    You can either choose to experience the game as it's meant to be, relying on RP elements and progression to gather resources, or ask for admin rights so as to unleash your creativity to its fullest, without constraints.
    Of course, to secure the universe and the players, you first must prove yourselves to be worthy, in both personal as well as professional aspects.

This is also why there is a whitelist.
    To apply for the server, please fill out the form below:

IGN:
    Faction (optional):
    Timezone / Nationality:
    Pictures of completed work:
    Reasons to apply:
    Extra information:
    ²

1 There is no need for your work to be art gallery-level stuff. There has been no case of rejection because of bad work, but rather because of not showing anything.
    ² This bit is meant for you to talk about yourselves, just a short text possibly including other games you play or interests you pursue out-of-game.

-----

Rules! Laws! Constrai- No, we don't have that. Really.

By applying, you agree to abide by these few very simple rules:

Primary Rules:
    1. No griefing!
    As long as there is no in-character (RP) war, see below, deliberate destruction, theft or removal via admin commands of players' possessions is forbidden. Actually, admin removal is never allowed.​
    2. No insults and threats!
    SATURN was founded under Dan's vision of a friendly and polite environment, and we want to stay true to that. If there are disputes to be settled, do it in a diplomatic way or take it over to private messaging.​
    3. No abuse of admin commands!
    If we decide to trust you with the use of admin commands for building purposes, you agree on using it for the benefit of all. Malicious usage will be prosecuted strictly by removal of admin rights and also revoking the right to ever regain them.​

RP / War / Other:
    4. Remain true to fairness!
    In case of war or unsettled in-character disputes, the issue is to be resolved in fairness and in-character. War will always be fought within its respective limits. If a party violates an agreed-on rule, war will be declared invalid. If a dispute becomes personal, neutral third parties will mediate, or Rule #2.​
    5. RP is meant to be RP!
    If you, as an observer, are in the vicinity of an RP session, do not intervene out-of-character. If you wish to engage in the action, do so appropriately. Also, try to respect the in-chat conversation if there is any. Equally, RPers should try not to interrupt an OOC discussion.
    -----

Features!
    - Powerful server hardware!
    - 200 Mbits guaranteed bandwidth!
    - From Germany!
    - With love!​
    - 450 km/h top speed!
    - increased sector sizes to 5000!
    - 32 players max (up to 1GB of allocated memory per user!)
    - Blueprints!
    - 32 slots per player, local upload possible!​
    - Authentication!
    - 1.5 million starting credits (to buy a station for a safe haven right away)!
    - real-life admin to touch and talk! (I'd rather stick to the latter, thanks.)

Enjin Website: http://saturn-community.enjin.com/
    Wikia Wiki: http://saturn-shipyards.wikia.com/wiki/S.A.T.U.R.N._Wiki
    Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/saturnshipyards (new!)
    (All will be updated soon.)
    -----

Newsticker:
    July 13th -- We now have a TeamSpeak 3 server! Check below for the IP.

IP: 5.9.54.13:4242
    TS3: 5.9.54.13:13000

Status
    Not open for further replies.