Remove Station Spawn Cost

Reaction score
    I really don't understand why we have to pay a MILLION CREDITS just to spawn in one grey hull block! Maybe I would be okay with it if it also spawned in a faction module and a build block, but even then it is still a little crazy. Does anyone agree?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    You are effectively spawning in an unmovable entity that can be built as large and small as you want. TWO million credits is a very small price to pay.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not if you want to play the game without shops it isn't. And it is ONE million, look it up.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But you should not be able to spawn a station each sector with just a few cheap black free-floating blocks far away from it's centre.

One limit could be: require at least X blocks in one chunk, or the station will overheat. Didn't thought this out well, but I know there has to be at least one limit.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that there should be a new, really hard to craft block that will cost a million credits when you buy it in the shop. This block will not be able to be sold for obvious reasons.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Disagree. I don't like a station core block. Rather 256 small ones. And not something to clutter up your inventory and make building something more annoying than spamming it.

Reaction score
    I never bothered with stations. A planet was free and good enough. And now with the minerals, once they get introduced planet bases (in my opinion) planet bases will become even more viable as you can also mine for resources whilst being in control of a whole planet.

But I agree that station costs are too damn high.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not a station core, just a block that can be placed in space. Destroying that block won't have any consequence towards your station, it will just act as the first block, and after you've placed another block next to it, you can just salvage that block.

And the new crafting system does need some balancing. The best example would be hull to hull wedges (it is one hull for one hull wedge), and all those other partial hulls.

Edit: a million credits isn't a lot. If I first salvage glass from a space station, I'll have way more than that.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Then you can still place this block, build many spaced out black hull blocks around it, salvage/reclaim it and spam another station.

But others which just want one station still have to carry this damn block to everywhere, or always visit their faction home to carry this block to the destination and back.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think it should be costly, but spawn in a faction block. Maybe a building block on top. You are basically buying space for "real estate".

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    No, your paying to make a MILLION credits for ONE block to float in space.

Edit: What does one extra block ectually matter? You're going to have to take a lot of blocks with anyway, so why is it such a big problem to put it in a plex storage? And even if there is no space left in your plex storages, why can't you just get an extra plex storage to put the block in? I really don't see any problem.
    And the only reason I said that it could be salvaged was that if you happen to misplace it, a lot of money and/or resources will have gone to waste.

Edit 2: I just realised what @NeonSturm was getting at with the spamming thing. So no, the "block that can be placed in space" will not be salvageable. You have convinced me of that. But as I said before: what does one block among hundreds matter?

And @jayman38 , have you checked the price and crafting tree of the build block recently? It is cheap and really easy to craft, so no, there shouldn't be a build block, nor should there be a faction block, because it also isn't that hard to get.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    No, your paying to make a MILLION credits for ONE block to float in space.

Edit: What does one extra block ectually matter? You're going to have to take a lot of blocks with anyway, so why is it such a big problem to put it in a plex storage? And even if there is no space left in your plex storages, why can't you just get an extra plex storage to put the block in? I really don't see any problem.
    And the only reason I said that it could be salvaged was that if you happen to misplace it, a lot of money and/or resources will have gone to waste.
    You're paying TWO million credits to place down an entity that can be made as big and small as you want that is anchored to a single point that can serve as a homebase without the need for finding a planet. Now, if we were paying 200 million credits to place down a space station entity then that'd be something to complain about. 2 million credits is such a small amount of money that I could place a hundred stations and still have enough money for a small fleet.

Also, check you're putting it in the right place first. It sounds to me like you've had a few mishaps with stations in the past.

Tough shit.

The current system is fine.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It used to be 1. What changed? And I haven't had any mishaps with stations, I just thought I'd consider possible mishaps.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    According to the wikis and the time i spawned a station in the game, it is just 1 million. I could be wrong, but I really doubt it.

Reaction score
    Theres pros and cons to consider here.

Pro (remove cost) its logical to just start building a station, and anyone could just start building on a planet, so why not in space?
    Con (keep cost) the initial credit cost was set to make gaining a station (which has some tactical advantages) a sort of goal to acheive

Something else to consider is that we have been looking at a kind of alternative line of progression to obtaining stations. Instead of placing a starting block, it might be more logical to fly a ship into place and then place a sort of *anchor* that converts it into a station. This means a player can completely assemble a station as much as they like, and can even place it in the location they want, but cannot actually permanently anchor it until they have either purchased or crafting the specail block to hold it in place and allow it to become a faction home. Just a possible solution though, so dont plan on this being the method yet.