Quick question about turrets

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Right we are then! So I'm working on a semi-large deck gun but it moves slow as all get out..... How can I fix this?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Add Rail mass enhancers to the base of the turret and the ship! The ones added on the ship effect all turret bases, you only need as many as the heaviest turret weighs in at.

Reaction score
    Will the mass of the ship count toward making the turret move faster? My other turret is on a shell so would a full sized ship make that turret move faster?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Will the mass of the ship count toward making the turret move faster? My other turret is on a shell so would a full sized ship make that turret move faster?
    It's not based off of ship size, you just need more rail mass enhancers the larger your turret is. You can keep expanding your main ship as much as you want as long as you have enough rail mass enhancers for the turret.

Here is the info for them:
    "This block is used to combat slow down on rails. There is a certain mass free to place on each rail, but in case that is reached, the rail movement will slow down immensly.

Each 'Rail Mass Enhancer' adds more possible mass to all the rails on your structure."

Reaction score
    It's not based off of ship size, you just need more rail mass enhancers the larger your turret is. You can keep expanding your main ship as much as you want as long as you have enough rail mass enhancers for the turret.

Here is the info for them:
    "This block is used to combat slow down on rails. There is a certain mass free to place on each rail, but in case that is reached, the rail movement will slow down immensly.

Each 'Rail Mass Enhancer' adds more possible mass to all the rails on your structure."

Mannn that's a lot of space on the ship to be taken up by enhancers :P Time to carve some space! Thank you both for the help!

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    Under the entity structure tab there is a mass enhancer section that will tell you how much mass is enhanced for a particular structure it takes the guesswork out of this

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Alternatively to the post above you get 50 mass for free and each mass enhancer adds 5 mass capacity.

Reaction score
    Add Rail mass enhancers to the base of the turret and the ship! The ones added on the ship effect all turret bases, you only need as many as the heaviest turret weighs in at.
    ................. I don't know how I missed this...... I put something like 10 enhancers on the turret base itself and now the thing flies all over the place. At least the problem is solved :p