Read by Schine Procedural backgrounds OP plz nerf

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Cool. If it would be possible it would be nice to add clouds in place where galaxy is. Like if You see Milk way with no any city light around You:

So backroung will be more than background. It will help You navigate through universe so universe will stop to be just boring empyty space.

DAMN How I would love to see real nebulas in game that would also be see from distance in procedurally generated background :D
    Those two things are Schema's jurisdiction, not Kupu's... All he can do is take existing systems and make them prettier.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well He's part of Schine. He may not be able to do it by himself but by convincing Schema - yes.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Had a little play, if anyone cares for it i can make it public.

Note, this example is the exact same sector and is at resolution 1024 (yes. 1024)

View attachment 12007
    Make THIS the new original background! Much cooler than the current one! :eek:

Reaction score
    I apologize for resurrecting this 3-month old thread, but I was wondering if you were still planning to make public the tweaks that you used.
    Had a little play, if anyone cares for it i can make it public.

Note, this example is the exact same sector and is at resolution 1024 (yes. 1024)

View attachment 12007
    Could you please, please, please, PLEASE post what you did? Um, I mean, *ahem* I cordially request that you make your tweaks available.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I apologize for resurrecting this 3-month old thread, but I was wondering if you were still planning to make public the tweaks that you used.

Could you please, please, please, PLEASE post what you did? Um, I mean, *ahem* I cordially request that you make your tweaks available.
    They're in the game. Have been for maybe 8 weeks now? :)

Reaction score
    They're in the game. Have been for maybe 8 weeks now? :)
    What? No, they're not, that's ridiculo... wait... oh. Well, its great that they're in the game... Uh, nothing to see here folks, move along. Move along. :oops:

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    What? No, they're not, that's ridiculo... wait... oh. Well, its great that they're in the game... Uh, nothing to see here folks, move along. Move along. :oops:
    Seen any of these blurry stars recently? :p

Don't forget they are procedural backgrounds. That image i posted is not going to be a universal result on ALL potential outcomes. One consistent change is the blurred, "fake" stars. They're dead now.

Reactions: Daniel L.
    Reaction score
    Seen any of these blurry stars recently? :p

Don't forget they are procedural backgrounds. That image i posted is not going to be a universal result on ALL potential outcomes. One consistent change is the blurred, "fake" stars. They're dead now.
    Thank you for all the great things you've done :) but maybe you should add a second layer that casts a shadow on the first like how the horse head feature of the horse head nebula is overlaying over a beautiful purple cloud. :)