Physics Inconsistency (dif)

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    With the past update or possibly the one previous, I have been getting a lot of Physics Inconsistency (dif) errors. I deleted my game and re-installed and created a new server (today I did this). I then spawned 1 ship (Heavy_Cruiser), and a turret (Turret_HeavyTa). I have docking requirements turned off, so I only need the turret dock. I was able to dock the turret. I logged out then used /shutdown 5 to shutdown the server. Yes, I use the server.bat. Just a bit ago, I started my server up and as I was logging in I was receiving the Physics Inconsistency (dif) errors again and I can not dock anymore no matter the number of new turrets I buy /or spawn.

I get these for each Item that is spawned/or bought:

[2014-07-09 17:01:50] [SEND][SERVERMESSAGE] [SERVERMSG (type 3): (ADMIN) Exception:
    Ship[Turret_HeavyTb](16)
    physics inconsistency detected (dif)
    performing cleanup on object to recover] to RegisteredClient: Mr_Sinister (1) connected: true

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue? and why would it affect docking? Since when I didn't get any errors I was able to dock, and now with those errors I can not dock, even if I turn on docking requirements and add the required enhancers to have a large docking area more than big enough for the turret....
    any help would be awesome! and thank you.

EDIT: I also get these as well....

[2014-07-09 17:01:50] Exception: object {RigBExOrig@926294408([CCS|SER Ship[Turret_HeavyTb](16)])} is physically in wrong sector (Sector[12](2, 2, 2) but should be org.schema.game.common.data.physics.ModifiedDynamicsWorld@590d902c). Removing

for everything that I spawned and even though I haven't moved them, it still says it's physically in the wrong sector? lol. that's an odd one..could that be the cause of the physics inconsistency (dif) ?
    or vice versa?

OS = Win7 extended 64bit
    Ram = DDR2 6Gb
    CPU = AMD 3ghz Dual-Core 64bit
    Video Card = 9800GTX
    Java = 64bit Java (I have 32bit also, but use 64bit)
    Pagefile = 15gb

Last edited:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Dang, Nobody that has their own server seen this or is having this issue??

Edit: I thank you to those that responded

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    No idea what even most of this means, but it reminds of that bug/issue where you could dock to a ship if the Core of said ship was in a different sector.

Probably unrelated, but I have no idea x-x never had a problem with docking lately aside form a 90degree derp and the occassional needing to replace the docking modules.

Reaction score
    I can't help you but I can confirm that I do get this on Trace. Incap Sounds like this may be why you can't dock your turrets?? Do you recall ever getting that error message around the time you are unable to dock?

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I can't help you but I can confirm that I do get this on Trace. Incap Sounds like this may be why you can't dock your turrets?? Do you recall ever getting that error message around the time you are unable to dock?
    yeah, once it says physics inconsistency (dif) ,I cant dock anymore....but on a fresh clean server start, I can dock till that error comes up....which doesn't take too long for that physics error to show up.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    ....but it reminds of that bug/issue where you could dock to a ship if the Core of said ship was in a different sector.
    hmm, that is odd...but since the exception thinks you aren't in the same sector while just sitting there....lol maybe it could be related somehow. The thing is, I am not trying to dock at all when the exceptions shows up....lol the ship / turrets are just sitting there.....and that happens.

Reaction score
    yeah, once it says physics inconsistency (dif) ,I cant dock anymore....but on a fresh clean server start, I can dock till that error comes up....which doesn't take too long for that physics error to show up.
    You should take your logs and send them into the dev team. I will do the same.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    UPDATE:

I may have found out how to replicate this. ,If any of the Devs couldn't....

1.) Start server (with protected sector on and Admin rights)
    2.) Buy /or Spawn a couple ships
    3.) Try and mine/delete a few blocks from the ships (while not in build mode)

it should then have a red error box pop up in the upper right of the screen saying Physics inconsistency (dif)
    and after it does that, you can't dock anymore or delete other blocks (while not in build mode)

I have tested this repeatedly and seems to do it after the 4th - 6th block deleted while not in build mode.
    hope this helps.

Not sure if it does this on the newest v.01616 patch, but the newest patch already has an issue currently. ;)