Permission Block Levels

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Currently the Faction Block let's you set levels for the ship/station for who can edit it based on faction rank.

I would greatly like to see the Permission Block expanded with this same idea.

Right now a permission block only let's everyone use something, I'd like it to also be able to lock individual things down as well.

Say you have multiple faction levels that should have different levels of access on a faction home base. Like factories set to pull from different storage areas where you keep higher volumes or better parts reserved for higher ranked nembers. Just permission block those factories to say only rank X or higher can use them.

Or let the faction owner lock down a private shipyard just for themselves. Or to let lower ranked members use weapon computers/turrets without them being able to access the core. Or even make it so that faction allies can use some things without being given full faction access.

Allow more granularity over who can touch what, and then just have it default to "everybody" until you manually change it so that existing blocks keep working the same as they do now.

Reaction score
    Being able to set stuff open to faction allies(only) is what I want most.

Faction control would benefit from this greatly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'd like to see this expanded further.

I would like to be able to make a list of permissions.
    Permissions should include faction levels, general categories (allied, enemy), and specific players.
    Also, a disallow option to invert permissions.

examples
    • Faction Members >= Level 2, Allied Faction Leaders and Bench are allowed to use the shipyard.
    • FM >= L3 can use turrets, but RandomMember(FL2) is disallowed (he can't hit anything but always hogs a gun)
    • All FM and Allied FM >= L2 can use the storage.
    • Only Enemies and Edymnion can push this button. ( go ahead, I dare you ;) )

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Planned in some form; will come with some future update that fixes a lot of the faction system issues probably.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Planned in some form; will come with some future update that fixes a lot of the faction system issues probably.
    Welp .. I hope it comes sooner than later cuz IMHO factions are gimped right now, you *basically* have to trust anyone you let in your faction with EVERYTHING.