Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Good to know. :D Now I can get my guided missile frigate going. :D

Reaction score
    Looked at the Bow Head primarily to see how you handled turrets with the update. It is my conclusion that the default damage for AMCs are set far too low, since your turrets like mine have trouble doing anything other than stopping the shield regeneration. Rant aside awesome work.
    Yes, all those turrets are pretty useless now, but i just hope that there is a return of balance sometimes in the future, till then they just provide pretty fireworks :(

Reaction score
    Accident at the weapon testing center!
    Heavy energy lasers wrongly packaged as long range target painters caused a major incident at the weapon testing center today which left 2 AIs severely damaged.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    AI can use lock on turrets as of the latest patch :D. Just wanted to let ya know.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Experimental destroyer Phalanx X5 variant:
    wery nice use. i have question, how do you use the missles, that they can fired like this. I want to use this on my ship a long time, but idk how. everytime when i tried rotate the missles, then always fire from the front... thx for you answer. And keep it up with more so awesome ship like so far. :)

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Its done by activating two computers with the logic system, I guess. At least thats the only way I could imagine it happen ;D

Reaction score
    Hi!
    What you see is the turrets firing at a target in the background (there are 3 dorsal and 2 ventral).
    Rumcajz : All you need to do is to point the D1000 Missile CPU in the direction you want your missiles to start , it is not (yet/to my knowledge) possible to use a logic block (because you need to lock a target) but you could just could fire two missile arrays in quick succession to achieve a similar effect

broadside missiles (both sides in quick succession):
    without lock on

with lock on

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    o_O OK: Please ignore every ships i uploaded, no ship works as it should once again in vanilla balance... i will wait with updates when a stable balance is somewhat visible

Reaction score
    The Phalanx Destroyer and the Neptune Frigate got an update and can now move again.
    Also i am now a big fan of the new overdrive effect :D

Also: while adding all the small turrets i was very happy with my engineering vessel:

it sports one tractor beam (beam+amc+pull), a stopping beam (beam+stop) and a repair beam (just for fun). Very usefull to tow those small turrets to their place

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hi!

I finally finished the Prometheus Battlecruiser:

The Prometheus shares the principal design with the Kronos (and a lot of my other vessels) and comes with a multitude of weapon systems and turrets, a full interior and multiple hangars.

It currently waits for updated fightercrafts and the next patch :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Hi!

The Prometheus shares the principal design with the Kronos (and a lot of my other vessels) and comes with a multitude of weapon systems and turrets, a full interior and multiple hangars.

It really shows how I can't build fast and pretty at the same time.
    This is just freaking awesome. :eek:

Reaction score
    It really shows how I can't build fast and pretty at the same time.
    This is just freaking awesome. :eek:
    Thanks! but i have been building at it for a lot more than a month, i don't know if you would call that fast :D

Reaction score
    Hi!

Wow... that is your best ship yet :D! And keep up the great work :D!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Thanks! but i have been building at it for a lot more than a month, i don't know if you would call that fast :D
    My big ships take muuuuch more time.
    Golden Petal is something I have been working on for 2 months, it's nowhere near finished...

Reaction score
    My big ships take muuuuch more time.
    Golden Petal is something I have been working on for 2 months, it's nowhere near finished...
    The Prometheus is not as big as it seems, 500m length but it has just 265k mass with turrets and docked ships.
    The most time was figuring out the new weapon systems and building new turrets, i also spent quite some time designing a nice blinking logik but i had to scale it down a lot (it was not working as i had initially planed) .

Pics from the hangars:
    12 light fighter:

2 heavy fighter and the escape pod docks (8):

1 light corvette:

2 shuttles:

2 engineering vessels and 2 courier vessels:

Reaction score
    :D the Prometheus looks amazing. How long do you think till its ready to release?