New weapon system tutorials

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been trying to play with the new weapon combinations, but I have no idea how it works, and the videos I've seen didn't explain it very well for me. Can someone post an in-depth tutorial about how to hook up weapon computers and modules to create different effects?

Reaction score
    Did you read the news post? It contains a chart describing the different combinations.
    Apart from that, linking systems is pretty easy. For example, if you want an AMC master with a Missile slave, just build two separate systems as you used to (select computer, place blocks), then select (aim, press C) the AMC computer and link (aim, press V) the Missile computer to it. The same goes with effects.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks, I'm starting to get the hang of it now. Though I'm a bit puzzled with a certain aspect.
    In this video you see a damage beam firing rapidly at 6:32
    How did they do that?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I believe that the beam at 6:30 is just a regular beam that they pulsed, but I may be wrong. If you want a beam weapon that gives off more damage ticks in a shorter amount of time (a really rapid beam) you should use a beam as your primary and an AMC array as your secondary. Remember, the more secondary "slaves" you have, the more rapid the beam ticks will be.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    you should use a beam as your primary and an AMC array as your secondary. Remember, the more secondary "slaves" you have, the more rapid the beam ticks will be.
    I have been trying that, but no matter how many AMC slaves I add, the beam remains a constant stream. Unless you mean that they pulsed the beam by the way they clicked the button.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I have been trying that, but no matter how many AMC slaves I add, the beam remains a constant stream. Unless you mean that they pulsed the beam by the way they clicked the button.
    You will have to hold down the attack button, and it will give a tick of damage every second/0.5 seconds or so. (For rapid beams, that is.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I say pulsed, I mean if the beam appears to pulse. Like the beam itself stops appearing for short moments like it did in the video. The damage does appear like you said.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    When I say pulsed, I mean if the beam appears to pulse. Like the beam itself stops appearing for short moments like it did in the video. The damage does appear like you said.
    It looks like they just rapidly clicked. The damage ticks did not correspond with the pulses.