Metaitem requests

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Who wants to see more Metaitems? Got a new gadget in mind? How about some tradable commodities? Here's a few I'd like to see;

1. Lisences - buy a Lisence to get a small bonus for a limited time (or permanently if you pay enough). Could work for mining, trading, pirate hunting, and manufacturing.

2. Portable med kits - healing beam is great and all, but you can't shoot yourself with it. I say swap it out with a med kit you can use on a player you're pointing at or yourself if no one is in your reticle. Either that or let us shoot ourselves with the heal beam.

3. Commodities - simple enough. Just Metaitems we can trade between stations. Have a random supply & demand for commodities and watch the economy take shape. This is a big one, so brainstorming is a must.

4. Black boxes / flight recorders - shot down that annoying pirate the local law enforcement put a bounty on? Good. Now bring in his flight recorder as proof of your kill.

That's all I got for now. Put your suggestions and ideas below.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I would like a system block locator. So say you board a ship and want to find and destroy the faction block. Have some item that will show where all the system blocks are so you have a chance of finding it. I wouldn't give it the power to show specific blocks but rather computers and other specific ones like faction module etc all at once then you have to go find which ones the one you are looking for.

Reactions: AssIn9
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I would like a system block locator. So say you board a ship and want to find and destroy the faction block. Have some item that will show where all the system blocks are so you have a chance of finding it. I wouldn't give it the power to show specific blocks but rather computers and other specific ones like faction module etc all at once then you have to go find which ones the one you are looking for.
    Maybe this would be a bit too... over powered. Knowing exactly where system block focal points are would be a huge advantage for any attackers. Perhaps if this was an option on scanners... but I just feel that this is a bit much; as knowing where to take out weapons and defensive measures would maybe make battles a bit more techey. You just have to nerf the thing, like the concept

Who wants to see more Metaitems? Got a new gadget in mind? How about some tradable commodities? Here's a few I'd like to see;

1. Lisences - buy a Lisence to get a small bonus for a limited time (or permanently if you pay enough). Could work for mining, trading, pirate hunting, and manufacturing.
    Well, I would call them different things... I like the idea though, perhaps a later game development thing.

2. Portable med kits - healing beam is great and all, but you can't shoot yourself with it. I say swap it out with a med kit you can use on a player you're pointing at or yourself if no one is in your reticle. Either that or let us shoot ourselves with the heal beam.
    Maybe left click heals others and right click heals yourself

3. Commodities - simple enough. Just Metaitems we can trade between stations. Have a random supply & demand for commodities and watch the economy take shape. This is a big one, so brainstorming is a must.
    Well, as of right now I think that schema is still attempting to get a more realistic supply and demand economy up and running (someday?) Perhaps we already have commodities (solid ore blocks, high value blocks, ect), but I think that this would come more in line with the fauna update.

4. Black boxes / flight recorders - shot down that annoying pirate the local law enforcement put a bounty on? Good. Now bring in his flight recorder as proof of your kill.
    Well, sounds like a good one, I don't know if pirates despawn after a while though...

Reaction score
    This would only be for when you boarded/aligned gravity. Not from your ship. It's still going to take forever to break the blocks with a torch.

Reaction score
    If that were something you could put on a ship.... yeah OP. Target their weapons then their jump drives... GG. But typically once a ships shields are down its already GG.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If that were something you could put on a ship.... yeah OP. Target their weapons then their jump drives... GG. But typically once a ships shields are down its already GG.
    Good idea for boarding though. Maybe some sort of portable scanner that shows system block locations but not specifically which ones?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437559351,1437559269][/DOUBLEPOST]As for the black boxes, it's more a way to cash in on killing pirates and players.