make shortrange scanners discover systems like before temporarily

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    make short range scanner behave like the old scanner for now. I know there will be a long range scanner mechanic in the universe update, but i dont see it taking much time at all re-adding its old functionality temporarily, it will really make the game more fun. Going to 15 systems manually to discovery them is not fun and makes survival boring.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    it's called go afk for a few minutes while you leave a small ship cruising with a lvl 3 max speed chamber at max speed. Sure this is boring and takes a little while but if you're in an organized faction then that's another job to do and jobs make the game more immersive and it adds a new ship type.

It would be nice to have a scanner though if you scout out systems often. Better yet a conduit switch block would be nice to have so you can switch from ftl mode to combat/reconnaissance mode by dragging the block icon into your hotbar and using it like any other tool/weapon.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It would be nice to have a scanner though if you scout out systems often.
    Honestly right now I consider it boarderline unplayable to start a new survival mode game due to the current state of scanning. You pretty much NEED a good solid distribution of asteroids in your home system to harvest everything you need to make stuff. And when you have no choice but to manually fly through a dozen systems to scan them manually to find a suitable home, its seriously more effort than it's worth.

Its being fixed, but I can see the frustration in trying to do it now.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Honestly right now I consider it boarderline unplayable to start a new survival mode game due to the current state of scanning. You pretty much NEED a good solid distribution of asteroids in your home system to harvest everything you need to make stuff. And when you have no choice but to manually fly through a dozen systems to scan them manually to find a suitable home, its seriously more effort than it's worth.

Its being fixed, but I can see the frustration in trying to do it now.
    You can always turn fog of war off in the cfg of command prompt or just reduce the required amount of sectors to be explored.

Reactions: fokko
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    The broken scanner is a real nuisance. Affects almost every level of play in MP at the moment. One more thing keeping me solidly on SP for now - I tried to get back on some MP servers there for a bit but you really need admin privileges in the current state.