Make or Break

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    A voice from the void.

StarMade is an epic game i love it to bits but... It is reaching breaking point as far as being able to play or host the game.

Without writhing down page after page let me just suggest the following:

The DEFAULT server setup must be as lean and mean as possible.

When i hit host server the default config should be without any editing on my part.

1. User Blueprint default to pirate use OFF. Abuse, server crash, pirate chest extravaganza.

BLUEPRINT_DEFAULT_PRIVATE = true <- this is current default
    BLUEPRINT_DEFAULT_PRIVATE = false

2. Smallest planets possible. If possible don't let them rotate on default. A NO planets setting maybe?

PLANET_SIZE_DEVIATION = 85.0 <- this is current default
    PLANET_SIZE_DEVIATION = 0 all planets radius of 50

3. Smallest Asteroids possible. Don't tinker the amount of ore in a roid we have mining settings for that. Now we have 255K roids on default! Massive chunk load on server and everyone is back at planet mining. :(

4. Let Spawn 2 2 2 be protected by default. +protected +peace

PROTECT_STARTING_SECTOR = false <- this is current default
    PROTECT_STARTING_SECTOR = true

5. Let spawn shop be an old advanced shop without the dockers because massive abuse due to invulnurability. Weapon clock docked to spawn shop is bye bye server.

6. Please please by default have AUTHENTICATION on because an Admin is just a name on a server. Without it ANYONE can be admin.

USE_STARMADE_AUTHENTICATION = false <- this is current default
    USE_STARMADE_AUTHENTICATION = true

REQUIRE_STARMADE_AUTHENTICATION = false <- this is current default
    REQUIRE_STARMADE_AUTHENTICATION = true

7. Have Star Damage off because new server noobs they just don't know nobody reads anything! People quit the game because of this.

STAR_DAMAGE = true <- this is current default
    STAR_DAMAGE = false

8. Missile defense is default to shoot down your own missiles.

MISSILE_DEFENSE_FRIENDLY_FIRE = true <- this is current default
    MISSILE_DEFENSE_FRIENDLY_FIRE = false

9. Have all shops use the same price on default. Because shop hopping selling computers. Again abuse.

SHOP_USE_STATIC_SELL_BUY_PRICES = false <- this is current default
    SHOP_USE_STATIC_SELL_BUY_PRICES = true

10. By default also have in the inventory: rails, rail dockers, build block, shop block, undeathulator

11. Biggest joke ever this default setting. Do not steal an unfactioned ship just command it to your own base! Or better take over a floating ship with fleet command and kill its perplex owner on site with it! Hilarious!

ONLY_ALLOW_FACTION_SHIPS_ADDED_TO_FLEET = false <- this is current default
    ONLY_ALLOW_FACTION_SHIPS_ADDED_TO_FLEET = true

And seriously this game has NO player base Sunday evening and not even 100 people playing on all servers out there. 200.000+ members 112 unik users is the site record. People use legions of alts. Adopt Minecraft style use of player names ASAP. ONE name per account that can not be changed in a protect X amount of names per account server setting! Only exeption beeing names set to protect by admin. No flat number each name must be spelled out. So admins can be online under another name and play as a normal player.

/player_protect

DESCRIPTION: protects a playername with a star-made.org account name
    PARAMETERS: PlayerName(String), StarMadeAccountName(String)
    EXAMPLE: /player_protect myNameOnTheServer myLoginName

Thank the people that host your game on your knees. Stop messing with the base settings that destroy servers "large asteroids 255K+" "Blueprints default to Pirates use" This is just the same as the energy nerf of old that made every blueprint until then obsolete. All my friends quit the game then :( And if you find that weapons are over powered then nerf the damn weapon not the whole system that makes it tick.

I truly understand the colossal effort that goes into coding this amazing but ever so complex game. The blood sweat and tears poured into this must fill a river by now. But maybe maybe taking a step back might be a good thing. How about just hosting a game server for a month and playing YOUR own game? And no the test server isnt for that. No coding no nothing just have fun. A summer break host as Schema play as Schema be aproachable. I truly believe this will give you an unik new perspective on what has to be the Minecraft killer of all games. When we tell all those Earthlings damn dude you can go to SPACE!!!