Make item counts in inventory easier to read

Reaction score
    It's nearly impossible to read the number of items in inventory when you have a lot of them.
    I suggest displaying the item counts like the capacity is shown.
    I don't need to know that I have 1,153,539,200 crystal composite in my inventory, just that there is 1.15b items instead. The actual amount could be shown when you hover the cursor over the items. This would make it much easier to read.
    Currently, I have to drag the item out so the number isn't overlapping with the other items, then carefully read the item count since there is no thousands separator.

screenshot.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I approve.

I did notice this in the Active Development Thread though:

[ in development ][ User Experience ] GUI REVISION
    Revision of current game GUI for improved support for future added features and functionality. Simplification and similarity to the main menu.

I think this would be nice to have slotted in with the next GUI changes.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    agree,
    BUT do NOT use COMMATA.

Commata are easy to confuse WITH DOTS and are floating-points in german norms.

Instead, use ' or ´ or ` or ·

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So "," are used for floating-pints in Germany? Interesting. I just assumed everyone would write numbers similar to me. $1,000.00 for instance.

TBH I don't think we would need them if the values were displayed like they are for mass. Where they are rounded values. Maybe when you view the exact number (on mouse over) the way the number is displayed could be pulled from the localization your using? That way everyone gets to view the numbers how they expect them to look.

Reactions: NeonSturm

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't understand how you don't get confused with this, but maybe you use a different font type.
    It's nice to have separations without meaning above and dots or comma below.

I am fine with localisation, could work similar to clock-apps where you can enter a date-string :)