Lighten the Orientation

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Some kind of generic block facing could be handy in that situation. Perhaps one that can be toggled on/off.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Longstanding issue. This also occurs on lighter colors with flatter textures (I.e. Standard Armor)

Maybe Schine can use their new "outline" functionality to create a wireframe of the visible surfaces of the block and overlay that on top of the preview in both the build mode window and the translucent build shadow.

As long as the "backfaces" of the block are not also "outlined" behind the visible face outlines, this should be sufficient to assist the player in orienting their blocks correctly.

Reactions: Agame3 and JNC
    Reaction score
    Yes. . yes. . please make this more manageable. I have gotten to the point of just putting down and picking up wedges to see which direction they are facing. The little preview box is next to useless as well. It basically gives me a smaller version of the same confusion. It needs it's own lighting map or something.

Reactions: Agame3

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    When you mouse over the orientation window, it highlights the blocks background in white.... how about it just stays highlighted, always! Dark blocks could have the white background and lighter blocks could have a black background.... Seems simple enough.

Reactions: Nosajimiki