Kupu's thread

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    What was actually changed with the new shader? I know glass now looks a lot more glass-like (less see-through and more colour) and that everything is less reflective. Has it got anything to do with the shader mod you released a while back?
    The shader "mod" was simply an adjustment of the existing shader file that handles lighting.
    The latest version of the game now has those adjustments (more or less).
    No additional code was added to the shader, it was just a case of finding a more suitable balance of the variables.

Reaction score
    What is the "crystal armor" going to be like? Is it a type of glass? Is it a very expensive ship plating?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What is the "crystal armor" going to be like? Is it a type of glass? Is it a very expensive ship plating?
    From what I've gathered crystal armor is just reinforced glass. The standard "glass" formally known as plexglass will be identical to the lowest tier hull that it has no armor and low health. Good thing we have that replace tool now, and it even works properly on wedges. Just set a large box and click spam to replace all useless glass with it's new reinforced variant. (of course all this may be subject to change)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    lol Sven your sig is extremely outdated :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Lots of textures never get used but are quickly designed to showcase ideas or used as other things even. It's quite funny how what you see in the game is only a little of what i draw.
    Recognise
    Looks like the warp gate texture huh? I designed this about 9 months ago for a never made scanner array block for the old realistic pack. The mechanic was never used, so the texture was never seen. It is what inspired the warp gate texture though.
    Maybe use it for the hyper drive?

Also, I am grateful that the damage pulse computer was edited so we can tell it apart from the damage beam computer... but now we can't tell it apart from the cannon computer.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Question, what are the chances we will ever get doors in alternative colors?
    Answer, I think relatively high. Perhaps not a full spectrum of colour, but different grey plexdoor to allow decals and writing is something i'd like to see added. Also perhaps a blast door with hazard stripes.

But i'm just day dreaming here. It's on my personal wish list.

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm curious what type of texture the new hull (3rd) type will get? Any hints on what it will be?

Two external types of panelling (standard and advanced armour), and an interior type panelling from what is now called "Basic Hull" would make interiors more interesting.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It looks the way I think it should for the default texture pack

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Answer, I think relatively high. Perhaps not a full spectrum of colour, but different grey plexdoor to allow decals and writing is something i'd like to see added. Also perhaps a blast door with hazard stripes.

But i'm just day dreaming here. It's on my personal wish list.
    I've already used regular plex doors on blast doors decoratively but you have to sacrifice protection to do so. The grey blast doors look fantastic in some areas while the older plex door looked better in others but has to be replaced for the armor value. I guess a light and dark version would satisfy my needs but I wouldn't mind having red doors on that sports shuttle I built.

I'm curious what type of texture the new hull (3rd) type will get? Any hints on what it will be?

Two external types of panelling (standard and advanced armour), and an interior type panelling from what is now called "Basic Hull" would make interiors more interesting.
    The new hull already has a texture.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The new hull already has a texture.
    Oh... I looked at them and thought they were just placeholders in the right colour. Carry on then. I'll custom it myself like I do with the other two hull types (metallic alloy colours).

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Try Dirty Space when it comes out with an update. I am sure it will be what you want.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey Mister Kupu, can you tell how is the work coming of the terrain and flora coming?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hey Mister Kupu, can you tell how is the work coming of the terrain and flora coming?
    Priorities have been shifted a little bit and i'm making working on different projects first. I'll try and show what i'm working on soon!

Reactions: flpsantoss
    Reaction score
    Haven't lurked here in a while. So many pages full of goodies to gawk at! *wipes away slobber*

...ah-um... yes. Right.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    In things like this you always get the bad reward.

This picture represents probably whats behind B