Kupu's thread

Reaction score
    You can discard the blue channel when using derivative normal maps (i think?)
    I actually used it to essentially turn of reflections on surfaces, like for the inside of cannon barrels or missile launchers.

(I also still think that a per-block setting for specularity would be sufficient, in case this is easier to implement.)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Dear Kupu

Thank you for the warp core textured jump drives.

We love you.

From,
    Everyone who builds star trek ships

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Dear Kupu

Thank you for the warp core textured jump drives.

We love you.

From,
    Everyone who builds star trek ships
    Haha... They make nice nacelle grilles too. Now if only we had a red version. Perhaps the red version could be the powerful-and-compact-but-explosive reactor people have been talking about adding, if something like that is put in.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Haha... They make nice nacelle grilles too. Now if only we had a red version. Perhaps the red version could be the powerful-and-compact-but-explosive reactor people have been talking about adding, if something like that is put in.
    but the texture is reversed and goes up ;)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Downwards makes me feel depressive :p

+1 to change it going upwards. Just because it's so easy to do!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can't you just rotate the modules? I haven't tried it, but it should be possible.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Can't you just rotate the modules? I haven't tried it, but it should be possible.
    Your Answer

Black glass is something that could be tweaked perhaps.

The new FTL update has arrived and no doubt discussions will arise around designs and functionality.
    While it is all welcome, of course, do note the normal maps are placeholders, the Warpgate modules are waiting for 24 way orientation to allow a proper tiling pattern and until a new monitor arrives the colour values are considered "in limbo".

Those wanting a completely transparent warp gate, please follow these simple steps:

Open the T002.png file in any image editor capable of handling transparency.
    Find the warp gate module texture and delete it (all 6 tiles), leaving only transparency, then save.

Open the Block Editor and under the Stations tab, select the warp gate module and toggle the options "Blended".
    (potentially, you could set the block to non physical in the block editor too, but i'm not sure if it would conflict with the mechanics)

Reaction score
    I need to tell you: i love your work, all the new modules are beautiful and functional. Building jump drives is so much fun.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Well, thanks for the kind feedback all. :P

I will look into allowing the jump modules to be rotated, but we currently have some rotation bugs and really don't want to add more to the list unless it's a needed feature / design (gate modules).

Hopefully when they are 100% squashed, we can take a look at it.

Reactions: flpsantoss
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey Kupu, why the new weapons icons are all pistols? or at least the last time i checked was