Java Issue (Windows Vista)

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    What I have is a genuine Java screwup somewhere. Network Interface doesn't let me use any Java apps that require a network connection.

Java removed and reinstalled.
    Comeplete malware sweep looking for possible hijacks.
    Checked every setting in every post I could find about smiliar problems. (everything from JNI to Hosts)
    Firewalls are ok (Vista and router), ports are forwarded.
    Enabled plug-ins, removed old copies of Java, had the registry slapped around to see if anything odd fell out.
    NOTHING.
    Still can't connect to a sandbox server on my localhost. The game just hangs.

When trying to uplink I get SocketTimeoutException: Read Timed out
    And I've tried loading other Java Apps that require JNI which have the same result. They just hang during loading. What gets me is how it refused to run a single player setup.

EDIT: For now I've rolled back to Java 6. Cuz I wanna play the game. But if anyone knows a fix for Java 7 that'd be stellar!

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi, there are some reports of a bug on java7 with FTP not working, but I doubt it\'s the same error. Have you tried running the game with the firewall completely off? As a client or in singleplayer you don\'t need to forward any ports, only when you are running a server other people want to join.

But if it were a firewall problem, it would also not work with java 6...

What version (32bit /64bit) are you using for java?

Reaction score
    Turning the firewall completely off is the worst idea. You could completely lose your computer within a few days doing that, unless you know how to fix it when it has a virus that doesnt let your computer start up.