Instant death?

Reaction score
    I built a large ship for my faction, but it was destroyed by pirates. Here is the story:

My ship jumped to a system to build my faction's home base, and I came out of warp by a pirate station. I casually flew away from them, not worrying about their weapons because my ship had an Advanced Armor hull and ~100 shield capacitors and rechargers. I was eventually killed by them. I did not even see my ship's shields going down.

What happened? How did I die?

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The pirate stations have really big missile launchers.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    100 capacitors will not save you in most cases. The missiles will be a 100% hit regardless of AI accuracy. Just as long as you are in range.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I built a large ship for my faction, but it was destroyed by pirates. Here is the story:

My ship jumped to a system to build my faction's home base, and I came out of warp by a pirate station. I casually flew away from them, not worrying about their weapons because my ship had an Advanced Armor hull and ~100 shield capacitors and rechargers. I was eventually killed by them. I did not even see my ship's shields going down.

What happened? How did I die?
    not to sound harsh,but damn.. 100 shield capacitors and rechargers is less than in some of my starter ships. pirate stations can kick your butt even with 1000+

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    not to sound harsh,but damn.. 100 shield capacitors and rechargers is less than in some of my starter ships. pirate stations can kick your butt even with 1000+
    It's not so much shields as AI difficulty and pilot skill... well only shields will protect you in case of invisible nukes so I just avoid pirate station alpha but all the others are fairly easy to cleanse of turrets.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Also, the bug where AI can lock on to you even if you are radar jammed will be fixed