Ideas for Future Updates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I have a few ideas for future updates to this game.
    1. Companionship - I would like to see the ability to have an alien companion along with you when you are exploring the universe, and even see colonies of them that we can interact with.
    2. Fauna - It would be nice to see a multitude animals on worlds as we explore.
    3. Aliens - As hinted in the companionship idea, maybe we can find moving alien motherships, colonies, space colonies, and fleets of them, both friendly, hostile, and neutral.
    4. More Weapons of Mass Destruction
    5. Private Games - We should be able to make private games for friends to play on.
    And finally, I would like to ask a question. Does Starmade have a single player mode?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    1 - 3 are all confirmed.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    More Weapons of Mass Destruction
    Private Games - We should be able to make private games for friends to play on.
    And finally, I would like to ask a question. Does Starmade have a single player mode?
    Yes, you can create a local server for single player mode. It works exactly the same as joining a remote server for multiplayer, except you are the admin. (And unless you advertise, you will probably be the only player in the game, with AI-driven pirates being the only other ships in the game.)

Along those same lines, you can then invite your friends to join your local server, and PRESTO! Private game.

Can you explain "Weapons of Mass Destruction?" Maybe there is a variant of an existing weapon system that will fill your requirements. It will simply require more weapon blocks and maybe some slave-linked systems.
    Examples:
    Rail-gun or something similar that can drive a hole all the way through an enemy ship: super-massive cannon system with a slave-linked punch-through effect system at 100%.
    Heavy torpedo: super-massive missile system with a slave-linked pulse weapon system.
    Heavy laser: super-massive beam system with a slave-linked pulse weapon system.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yes, you can create a local server for single player mode. It works exactly the same as joining a remote server for multiplayer, except you are the admin. (And unless you advertise, you will probably be the only player in the game, with AI-driven pirates being the only other ships in the game.)

Along those same lines, you can then invite your friends to join your local server, and PRESTO! Private game.

Can you explain "Weapons of Mass Destruction?" Maybe there is a variant of an existing weapon system that will fill your requirements. It will simply require more weapon blocks and maybe some slave-linked systems.
    Examples:
    Rail-gun or something similar that can drive a hole all the way through an enemy ship: super-massive cannon system with a slave-linked punch-through effect system at 100%.
    Heavy torpedo: super-massive missile system with a slave-linked pulse weapon system.
    Heavy laser: super-massive beam system with a slave-linked pulse weapon system.
    Oh sorry, what I mean by weapons of mass destruction would be something like a nuclear weapon.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420420495,1420419800][/DOUBLEPOST]
    1 - 3 are all confirmed.
    Oh, okay. So they are confirmed for later in the game.
    Well anyhow, here are some more ideas:
    1. More guns and heavy weapons
    2. Worm Holes (I am not exactly sure if Wormholes themselves (not portals) are in the game)

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Oh sorry, what I mean by weapons of mass destruction would be something like a nuclear weapon or similar to a nuclear weapon.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420420495,1420419800][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Oh, okay. So they are confirmed for later in the game.
    Well anyhow, here are some more ideas:
    1. More guns and heavy weapons
    2. Worm Holes (I am not exactly sure if Wormholes themselves (not portals) are in the game)
    Yes. Wormholes are in the game. Press P. On the map that opens you can see wormholes and their connections throughout the galaxy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Are there moons for planets on the game? If not, it would be a very interesting idea if you wanted to establish a space station on a moon if the nearby planet is your mining world.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    So how long till we get the current update? I keep checking the bug log but damn, this long for a new hud? Inb4 SOONtm or when it's ready. By the looks of it, SOON means 2 months away.

However they might be adding spawners and chest lewt to the new stations, tweaking it etc. There's also some other things they work on like other features or bugs.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    More Weapons of Mass Destruction
    missile + damage pulse + explosive, 9x9 array of cannon + punchtrough
    use > 10k blocks in each of these weapons computers and you'll have you're wmd weapon.
    Private Games - We should be able to make private games for friends to play on.
    you can actually whitelist your server (so only specific people can join) so it is private. It does have singleplayer and is quite awesome! Just whatever you do, unless you have hundreds of shield capacitors STAY AWAY FROM THOSE PIRATE STATIONS!! THEY ARE NASTY!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    missile + damage pulse + explosive, 9x9 array of cannon + punchtrough
    use > 10k blocks in each of these weapons computers and you'll have you're wmd weapon.

you can actually whitelist your server (so only specific people can join) so it is private. It does have singleplayer and is quite awesome! Just whatever you do, unless you have hundreds of shield capacitors STAY AWAY FROM THOSE PIRATE STATIONS!! THEY ARE NASTY!
    I ran into one of those, and my ship, as it was a piece of crap at the time, did not last very long.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420463797,1420463668][/DOUBLEPOST]Adding onto pirates, you should not only be able to battle them using a ship, but at pirate stations you should be able to battle them on foot. And they should add a pirate captain or boss.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420463962][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So how long till we get the current update? I keep checking the bug log but damn, this long for a new hud? Inb4 SOONtm or when it's ready. By the looks of it, SOON means 2 months away.

However they might be adding spawners and chest lewt to the new stations, tweaking it etc. There's also some other things they work on like other features or bugs.
    They updated the game on Steam. I think it was the 21st.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    For colonies, they should often have sieges or alien invasions conducted by rival alien races, and there should be huge space battles between alien races.