How can the player council vote out a part of their popular vote?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    I know how to ignore people. Is there a way to mark entire threads for ignore? I'm completely tired of hearing about this, but I like to at least skim other updates to general discussion, and this is constantly flagging for new.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431742799,1431742726][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Another quick reminder to keep things civil. No one has done anything wrong here in the last several posts, but it already has been proven that these events have sparked some nastiness...
    While you're at it, why not do something useful like move this discussion to the council sub-forum? :P

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I know how to ignore people. Is there a way to mark entire threads for ignore? I'm completely tired of hearing about this, but I like to at least skim other updates to general discussion, and this is constantly flagging for new.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431742799,1431742726][/DOUBLEPOST]

While you're at it, why not do something useful like move this discussion to the council sub-forum? :p
    Good point. Moved. :)

Reactions: Krougal
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've been lurking this thread a while now, but I'll throw in my 2 cents as a neutral observer.

Jath invited me into the MF teampseak at the height of the drama, as we were supposed to be working on some alternate USD designs. I was tempted to speak up, but decided assignments were more important. I would have said something along the lines of this:

What do you think a councillor is supposed to do? Not a trick or rhetorical question, I would genuinly like to hear what the councillors believe they are meant to be doing. The way I saw it, councillors were supposed to browse suggestions and talk to the StarMade community to gather feedback, compile it in a concise, accurate, and detailed manner, and then present it to Schine in a way that is easy for them. There are 2 key parts here. The StarMade community, and Schine. The way I see it, councillors are a middle man for the convenience of Schine. Their entire purpose is to make life easier for the devs.

Opinion begins below:
    The way I see it, Tomina_sama was not acting in a way suited for this purpose. He said himself that the other councillors were "doing a good enough job by themselves", so he would leave them to it. If he was elected to present a portion of the community's suggestions and opinions to the devs, he did not do that by his own admission. Additionally, it was all supposed to be for the convenience of the devs. From what I understand, he was trying to use methods of communication that were seperate from the methods schine had provided. I believe this was because he refuses to use StarMade Dock. Another thing that was mentioned is that Tomino_sama was not truthful on his council application. It was mentioned that he put down that he was available 24/7 as a councillor. Though it was intended as a joke, it is true that he was not forthcoming with the hours he had available (which was a major contentious point of it all). I believe that Tomino should have been removed as a councillor as many of these kinds of problems became apparent, and at best he should have been given the opportunity to step down on his own accord.

Reaction score
    One last argument to counter all those conspiracy theories:
    Comr4de
    Crusade
    Dalmont
    Megacrafter127
    SkylordLuke
    Sven_The_Slayer

+ Vanhelzing

None of them were ever suspected of any anti tomino stance before (as far as i have seen), with (as far as i remember) Vanhelzing even defending tomino on at least one occasion recently.
    For those (-1) people to come to the conclusion to better suffer the (current, foreseeable) aftermath than to continue working with him... this is pretty convincing to me.

I might add, the previous drama was never against Mushroomfleet as a community, a few weeks ago people even urged him to send someone else to represent him and Mushroomfleet (that thread got deleted).

PS: This is still just a game, everyone should relax a little bit.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    What do you think a councillor is supposed to do? Not a trick or rhetorical question, I would genuinly like to hear what the councillors believe they are meant to be doing. The way I saw it, councillors were supposed to browse suggestions and talk to the StarMade community to gather feedback, compile it in a concise, accurate, and detailed manner, and then present it to Schine in a way that is easy for them. There are 2 key parts here.
    It's this, and I'm also personally pushing for schine to tell the community more about what they're doing, which I've been (kinda) successful with.
    ehhhhh I've been accused of an anti-MF stance before and I hang out with people that don't exactly worship tom. Probably why I'm suddenly head of the skubmaid illuminati.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    ehhhhh I've been accused of an anti-MF stance before and I hang out with people that don't exactly worship tom. Probably why I'm suddenly head of the skubmaid illuminati.
    thanks for being honest (i knew mentioning you was probably the weak point in this argument :p).
    Still (even if i would exclude more people), with the rest + Vanhelzing my conclusion still stands true.

Reaction score
    Honestly, Tom wasn't all that bad on the last site, it's since this site that everyone went to shit with MF. Once of the earliest causes I can think of might be his "opinion" on other server owners (I'll give you a hint, it was upright insulting and without an provocation). No idea where that post is, but Rimmer has a screenshot of it.
    He was being accused that MF was Pay2Win.
    So it started with him going to Eldyin XMC and purchasing admin powers (which you can do on Eldyin's server), then going around harrasing people. He did that after Eldyin accused MF to be pay2win. He got the entire population of Eldyin XMC to ragequit. After that he was uproached by Eldyin on why he did it.

"Well I beat your server with the in game mechanic you have allowed me to use, that I've purchased for 20$. Now go and do that on MF. Oh you can't.
    LOL, who's pay to win now?" - Tomino_sama to Eldyin XMC

Eldyin took the piss on that one I guess. That's how that frenzy with server owners started.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    He was being accused that MF was Pay2Win.
    So it started with him going to Eldyin XMC and purchasing admin powers (which you can do on Eldyin's server), then going around harrasing people. He did that after Eldyin accused MF to be pay2win. He got the entire population of Eldyin XMC to ragequit. After that he was uproached by Eldyin on why he did it.

"Well I beat your server with the in game mechanic you have allowed me to use, that I've purchased for 20$. Now go and do that on MF. Oh you can't.
    LOL, who's pay to win now?" - Tomino_sama to Eldyin XMC

Eldyin took the piss on that one I guess. That's how that frenzy with server owners started.
    Because of a feud with 1 server, he insulted all admins that currently run their server in a similar way? The thread was asking for a mute function for Christ sakes.

I am talking a VERY old thread, in a suggestion asking for more admin commands and powers. EE was still small then.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Also as an elwyn admin there are severe limitations to using the donor TP. Every use is logged and displays the exit and destination sectors, so if there's abuse it can be easily checked. Furthermore there's a cooldown to using it based on time/distance

Reaction score
    Because of a feud with 1 server, he insulted all admins that currently run their server in a similar way? The thread was asking for a mute function for Christ sakes.

I am talking a VERY old thread, in a suggestion asking for more admin commands and powers. EE was still small then.
    I have no knowledge of what happened then.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431779600,1431779463][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Good point. Moved. :)
    Thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431779856][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ... and at best he (Tomino) should have been given the opportunity to step down on his own accord.[/spoiler]
    Correct.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431780106][/DOUBLEPOST]
    One last argument to counter all those conspiracy theories:
    Comr4de
    Crusade
    Dalmont
    Megacrafter127
    SkylordLuke
    Sven_The_Slayer

+ Vanhelzing

None of them were ever suspected of any anti tomino stance before (as far as i have seen), with (as far as i remember) Vanhelzing even defending tomino on at least one occasion recently.
    For those (-1) people to come to the conclusion to better suffer the (current, foreseeable) aftermath than to continue working with him... this is pretty convincing to me.

I might add, the previous drama was never against Mushroomfleet as a community, a few weeks ago people even urged him to send someone else to represent him and Mushroomfleet (that thread got deleted).

PS: This is still just a game, everyone should relax a little bit.
    This is a mess. Having someone else represent Mushroomfleet instead of Tomino? Why not.

(might get me banned) Tomino suspects that Starmadedock is generating a lot of money for the devs through ads on this site. He's generally annoyed at the fact that Schine have been telling him X and did Y. But nothing of that should have anything to do with this council mess.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431780194][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Also as an elwyn admin there are severe limitations to using the donor TP. Every use is logged and displays the exit and destination sectors, so if there's abuse it can be easily checked. Furthermore there's a cooldown to using it based on time/distance
    There are now. There weren't before. If you paid enough money you essentially could spawn, despawn, and tp where ever and whatever you wanted. This was changed after the incident.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    (might get me banned) Tomino suspects that Starmadedock is generating a lot of money for the devs through ads on this site. He's generally annoyed at the fact that Schine have been telling him X and did Y. But nothing of that should have anything to do with this council mess.
    Nope, it won't get you banned. As for SMD generating revenue from this site, whilst true, it is not actually any significant amount. It wouldn't pay those who continuously maintain, update and work on this website (all of which are volunteers). All money generated from this site goes into funding the servers (monthly cost), forum software license (yearly fee), addon licenses (depends, mostly one off), site design + design framework license (license is a yearly fee). All other money left over, is put into a reserve for any work that needs to be done, for example development on new features or site design upgrades. This money also has to pay for our wiki, which has recently expanded to another wiki site for France.

Also, the StarMade Dock and StarMade Wikis (http://starmadepedia.net/ and http://fr.starmadepedia.net/) are neither run, owned or maintained by Schine GmbH. Realms Network LTD runs these sites, which means no ad revenue generated from this site gets sent to Schine. The forum and wiki have cost more than these sites have ever generated, so this claim is false.

Edit: Discussion on this topic is fine, just remember not to break any rules while you're at it! :) If everyone avoids insults, negative comments and is just generally civil, we should be good.

Reaction score
    Making that right now. Just haven't made it public yet
    Awesome. Thanks man!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431808492,1431808303][/DOUBLEPOST]
    what would be wrong with that?
    Not really anything. Tomino suspects (as for why I can't figure that out for my life) that the entire PR stunt by Shine (kicking him off the council amongst other things) is to get Mushroomfleet community activity (and therefore ad revenue traffic) onto Starmade Dock. Which as stated by Duke is not a valid argument as the sites are not run by Shine...
    So I thought I bring it up to see what staff members have to say to it, so I can then go and tell Tomino.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Awesome. Thanks man!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431808492,1431808303][/DOUBLEPOST]

Not really anything. Tomino suspects (as for why I can't figure that out for my life) that the entire PR stunt by Shine (kicking him off the council amongst other things) is to get Mushroomfleet community activity (and therefore ad revenue traffic) onto Starmade Dock. Which as stated by Duke is not a valid argument as the sites are not run by Shine...
    So I thought I bring it up to see what staff members have to say to it, so I can then go and tell Tomino.
    Wait, he thought that Schine wanted to use this to generate revenue? He flat out told Duke that the SMD was not a Schine owned website. Now he's saying we wanted to use his followers to generate ad revenue based off the traffic this would cause? Wow...

Reaction score
    Wait, he thought that Schine wanted to use this to generate revenue? He flat out told Duke that the SMD was not a Schine owned website. Now he's saying we wanted to use his followers to generate ad revenue based off the traffic this would cause? Wow...
    I know, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.